Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:39:56 am

Author Topic: How hard is it to recover from a bad sac mark?  (Read 1226 times)  Share 

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
How hard is it to recover from a bad sac mark?
« on: June 21, 2020, 09:02:15 pm »
Hey

I just completed my first Bio SAC a few days ago and I feel like I flunked it pretty hard. It was out of 75 and I'm predicting I got around 40-45 out of 75. If I was to do well for the next SAC, would I be able to get an A+ on GA1 and still have a shot of getting a 45+ study score if I do really well on Unit 4 SACS and the Exam? My teacher told us that someone who lost 20 marks so 55/75 was able to achieve a 49 study score. How does that work?
Does doing really well on the exam 'omit' the bad SAC mark in a sense? Thanks
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: How hard is it to recover from a bad sac mark?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:10 pm »
+1
Hey

I just completed my first Bio SAC a few days ago and I feel like I flunked it pretty hard. It was out of 75 and I'm predicting I got around 40-45 out of 75. If I was to do well for the next SAC, would I be able to get an A+ on GA1 and still have a shot of getting a 45+ study score if I do really well on Unit 4 SACS and the Exam? My teacher told us that someone who lost 20 marks so 55/75 was able to achieve a 49 study score. How does that work?
Does doing really well on the exam 'omit' the bad SAC mark in a sense? Thanks
The exam is still 66% of your study score and you still got more sacs to come. I have no doubt you can still get 45+ for certain subjects where the exam is only worth 50% you would not want to flunk your sacs.

Peppie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +14
Re: How hard is it to recover from a bad sac mark?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 10:10:11 pm »
+2
Don't stress too much. Usually people mark themselves a lot harsher than the teacher would- as long as you feel you adequately prepared for it, you might be pleasantly surprised with yourself. Even then, it's based on ranking and not necessarily your score. Regardless, Storm already said this- but the exam is worth a lot more than your SACs- that isn't to say that they aren't worth working hard for, but flunking one or even two sacs out of the whole thing isn't as bad as you think.

So yeah, doing really well on the exam does kinda "omit" a bad SAC mark in a sense. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to achieve the score you want given how you're approaching this :)