Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:10:18 am

Author Topic: University Credit  (Read 3239 times)

grains

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
University Credit
« on: January 28, 2022, 09:21:25 pm »
Hello, I was wondering if any past students who did VCE Algorithmics and went on to do a Bachelor of Science at Unimelb are able to offer any insight into whether VCE Algorithmics granted any credit for first-year computer science subjects (Foundations of Computing and Foundations of Algorithms), or if VCE Algorithmics just acts as an equivalent prerequisite for second-year computer science subjects and no credit is offered? I have emailed Unimelb but they said they are not able to pre-assess credit, so I did not get much from that. I also can't find much info from their website either. Thanks in advance!

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Re: University Credit
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 11:32:19 am »
Hello, I was wondering if any past students who did VCE Algorithmics and went on to do a Bachelor of Science at Unimelb are able to offer any insight into whether VCE Algorithmics granted any credit for first-year computer science subjects (Foundations of Computing and Foundations of Algorithms), or if VCE Algorithmics just acts as an equivalent prerequisite for second-year computer science subjects and no credit is offered? I have emailed Unimelb but they said they are not able to pre-assess credit, so I did not get much from that. I also can't find much info from their website either. Thanks in advance!

I don't think you'll get any credits since, as they said, they can't assess you on how were in school. Plus it's a HESS subject but it won't match their curriculum entirely (I think) so don't worry about that too much.

calliope

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 11:59:49 pm »
2022 Melb Uni handbook "Students enrolling through VCE Algorithmics can take mathematics requirements concurrently"  https://handbook.unimelb.edu.au/2022/subjects/comp20003/eligibility-and-requirements

Taylor_Lightframe

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 11:08:19 pm »
yeah unfortunately unimelb doesn't offer any credit towards first year compsci subjects if you've done Algorithmics.