Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:19:02 am

Author Topic: Good psych textbook?  (Read 2697 times)  Share 

syubi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Good psych textbook?
« on: February 03, 2017, 08:32:54 pm »
What psych textbook is everyone using this year?
My school decided to go down the Edrolo route and didn't have any textbook listed in the book list at all. I find that Edrolo is good at explaining concepts, but I just really want to have a textbook to use so I can write solid notes :((

Any textbook recommendations?? Or maybe I should just purchase detailed psych notes off someone??

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
Re: Good psych textbook?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:51:03 pm »
What psych textbook is everyone using this year?
My school decided to go down the Edrolo route and didn't have any textbook listed in the book list at all. I find that Edrolo is good at explaining concepts, but I just really want to have a textbook to use so I can write solid notes :((

Any textbook recommendations?? Or maybe I should just purchase detailed psych notes off someone??

I can't comment on textbooks for the new study design unfortunately, but in my experience most schools use the one authored by Grivas and Letch - I used this one in Year 12 and also had a look at others and I'd say it's the best.
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

Azzzz

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 10:52:07 pm »
For units 1 and 2 my school used Oxford as for units 3 and 4 I'm currently using Nelson...Hope this helped!
BCom - Monash

shxre

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 11:06:01 pm »
My school is currently using the Jacaranda textbook as well as edrolo, and i definitely agree with you in that, although edrolo is a really helpful resource, the textbook really helps to gain relevent information and and multiple practice questions! I personally prefer using my textbook as the main resource and then using edrolo to revise!  :P

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 11:08:56 pm »
My school is currently using the Jacaranda textbook as well as edrolo, and i definitely agree with you in that, although edrolo is a really helpful resource, the textbook really helps to gain relevent information and and multiple practice questions! I personally prefer using my textbook as the main resource and then using edrolo to revise!  :P

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jacaranda textbook is authored by Grivas and Letch isn't it? :) (It was when I did Psych a couple of years ago anyway I think haha)
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

shxre

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 11:29:35 pm »
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jacaranda textbook is authored by Grivas and Letch isn't it? :) (It was when I did Psych a couple of years ago anyway I think haha)

Yup it is haha! Jacaranda's just shorter to spell out  ;D ;D

syubi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 06:31:26 pm »

yeah!! I find edrolo doesn't go into further detail other than the main points, definitely is a good revision resource though.

And thanks everyone!! I'll check those textbooks out