Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:14:53 am

Author Topic: Best way to prepare for the exams  (Read 4908 times)  Share 

biomaster

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Best way to prepare for the exams
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:32:40 pm »
What are the best way to prepare for the PE exams. I'm new to PE and I haven't done it in the past

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +45
Re: Best way to prepare for the exams
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:07:10 pm »
+4
What are the best way to prepare for the PE exams. I'm new to PE and I haven't done it in the past

Hey! Well... Luckily PE isn’t one of those subjects where you need to have done 1/2 in order to do 3/4 (it's not going to put you at any disadvantage either tbh).  :P

The best way to prepare for PE exams would be to not leave it to SWOTVAC period. Start as soon as possible and dedicate at least a month to PE exam prep. It might actually be worth doing one practice exam at the start of your preparation to get a sense of where you’re at and then cater your “recall” (memorising definitions, making mind maps, etc) study accordingly.

When you feel ready to start smashing out practise exams, remember - quality over quantity! (basically, doing 50 practice exams and not correcting any of them will literally get you no where - massive waste of time). What made the biggest difference (to me) was probably doing less practice exams, and spending more time correcting them and noting exactly where i went wrong so i could improve on it next time + asking my teacher to check over those 3-4+ marker questions to make sure what I’m saying is not complete gibberish and you know, actually makes sense (something the vcaa examination report can’t actually do for you).

Hope that answers your question - additional questions are welcome  :)