Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:30:23 pm

Author Topic: Physics IA3 Assessment Help!  (Read 1253 times)

NotesNerd

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Physics IA3 Assessment Help!
« on: August 11, 2020, 08:06:10 pm »
Hi there,

This is my last internal written assignment of year 12. For this physics assessment, we have been tasked to write a research investigation between 1500-2000 words excluding titles, references etc.

The claim that I chose is “The example of Schrodinger’s Cat shows that there is a fundamental flaw in our interpretation of Quantum Theory” and my research question is "In relation to Schrodinger’s cat, is observing a superposition possible?"

I am writing few parts of the assignment and need some help! It is an incredible diverse topic to squeeze into 2000 words, and I need some help with writing the improvements and extensions to the experiment paragraphs, as the main body sources used are quite complex! I understand what the sources are trying to say and can understand the experiment, however, I don't have the knowledge to  find any improvements or extensions to experiments as I am only a year 12 student, and it's super complex. I also am writing a paragraph explaining why observing a superposition is not possible, however, I can only find one possible reason to say that it is not possible, which makes the counter paragraph quite small. Would love to know if there is anything else I can add in that paragraph!

The assignment is looking a little sad at the moment, and I would love if my assignment could be as critically and harshly marked on what it has at the moment, as I would love to get a fantastic mark in this assessment.

Thanks for the read! Hope everything is well!

NotesNerd
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 08:00:21 pm by NotesNerd »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Physics IA3 Assessment Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 10:24:08 pm »
You have a hard task with this research investigation given the complexity of your topic.

I've given you annotations of feedback in the report.

I think a significant challenge will be trying to increase your amount of analysis and application to your claim rather than just stating information from your research. There are also points where cutting your sentences into smaller ones could help you with clarity. Finally, in your referencing although I certainly won't judge you for reading wikipedia it shouldn't be appearing in your references list.

I'm happy to take another look at this and provide further feedback but I hope that this helps!

NotesNerd

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Physics IA3 Assessment Help!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 09:35:43 am »
You have a hard task with this research investigation given the complexity of your topic.

I've given you annotations of feedback in the report.

I think a significant challenge will be trying to increase your amount of analysis and application to your claim rather than just stating information from your research. There are also points where cutting your sentences into smaller ones could help you with clarity. Finally, in your referencing although I certainly won't judge you for reading wikipedia it shouldn't be appearing in your references list.

I'm happy to take another look at this and provide further feedback but I hope that this helps!

Hi Bri!

Thank you so much for the feedback, the suggestions were very helpful! I have a few questions!

I am just wondering if there is any logical process for writing analyses on the information?

Also, is there a specific place the that analyse of the sources be placed in the document? Should it be integrated into the body paragraphs?

I am also wondering what the application to the claim would look like? Is it just using the information to constantly refer to the claim or the research question?

Thank you so much!
NotesNerd