Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:14:34 pm

Author Topic: Pros and cons of Monash Uni Med programme  (Read 1185 times)  Share 

geek123456

Pros and cons of Monash Uni Med programme
« on: May 06, 2017, 08:15:56 pm »
Can anyone tell me about the pros and cons of getting into Monash University Medicine programme?

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
Re: Pros and cons of Monash Uni Med programme
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 08:29:53 pm »
Basically, in monash you can do undergraduate medicine, meaning that you go straight into your medicine course, which is the main advantage of going to monash, since it guarantees you a spot in medicine. For Melbourne university (I'm mentioning them since you asked about them in your other thread), you can only take postgrad medicine, which means that you have to start off in a course like biomedicine and get good university grades and GAMSAT to get into medicine. This means that you aren't guaranteed a spot in medicine, so it's riskier taking this path.

Basically if you get into monash medicine, it's a safer path, since you've guaranteed yourself a spot. But, even though for Melbourne you haven't guaranteed yourself a spot and you have to get good grades and GAMSAT to get into the postgrad medicine course, it's the more prestigious university (not that I think this really matters).

Again, take this information with a grain of salt, since I have limited knowledge in this area. Someone who's more well versed in this topic would be more suited to answering your question.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 08:38:20 pm by zhen »