Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 07:21:54 pm

Author Topic: blueycan’s journey through VCE ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  (Read 32103 times)

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: jeyda's journey through VCE ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2019, 08:11:23 pm »
+3

ahhh goodluckkk, hope the results come out in your favour!!

time does go fast around this time of year, can totally relate TT^TT what subjects are you planning to do next year?? and also omgg the bts world game,, i really want to start playing it bahah is it good?? hope you have a nice holidayyy

thanks moonchild !! <3
next year im hoping to study english, methods, literature, bio, psych, and 3/4 hhd.
and YES bts world is so fun. its a bit slow when you start but the stories get really good, and the cards are super fun to collect.

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2019, 07:50:30 pm »
+1
Hey jeyda!
Do you currently have headstart/orientation/early commencement for Yr 11?

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2019, 08:54:31 pm »
+6
log four

- sunday, 8 december

phew, this year is over. thank you snow leopard for the mini reminder to update this journal <3
term four is always that home stretch for me, it feels so draining knowing that after a couple of weeks you'll be on holidays. i had classes up until november 18th, where I had exams for 2 weeks. all of my exams were in the first week, so I had a week to relax before headstart. I did pretty well, however I'm not expecting anything too high for maths lmao. I've already got back two of my scores; I received 98 for sociology and 88 for my hhd exam ! tbh i was expecting higher for hhd but it was a looooong and very detailed exam and I know I did the best I could hehe.

headstart (early year 11) went well for me - I have great teachers and I love all my subjects. so basically i picked literature, but it wasn't running in 2020 (i honestly think I was the only one who chose it eek) so I moved to legal studies instead! i'm very pleased - I honestly wouldn't have enjoyed literature, it probably would have bored me and stressed me out. I'm glad to do a subject where I'm actually interested in the content. I guess it worked out pretty well for me (: and i started hhd unit 3/4!!! i'm going to take it easy so I don't burn myself out.  I might just go through the study guide and print off some resources for future use, and prep some definition lists. if anyone has any tips or saved AN articles on preparing for a 3/4 please let me know! i'd really appreciate it

good news
so this school year i've received two "official" awards - I got a special award for 'exemplary efforts in history' for my pecha kucha presentation on the evolution of fashion consumption!!! and i also received a proficiency award for the Australian Maths Comp thing earlier this year which REALLY surprised me bc i guessed half of it lmao but yay
also in news not related to me at all bts had a daesang all sweep at the mma and the mama last week ,,, very proud army right here

instead of doing holiday homework i opened an art account yay!!!!!!!!!!!! please excuse my shameless promo an (:
it's @jeydpuff on instagram. i'm mainly posting bts sketches for now but i'd love to expand to other art forms (photos, short films/vlogs, paintings) so i'd really appreciate it if my AN friends would support me. thank you ㅠ ㅠ

bad-ish news
so I didn't make it into kwong lee dow ㅠ ㅠ  but its okay! i know that there are going to be a lot of opportunities for me in the following years so I'm not pressed over it. maybe it's a blessing in disguise, bc i've lowkey been solely focusing on unimelb and not looking at all possible options. i want to start looking into screen and media degrees / careers,,, SCARY I KNOW but i've always had an interest for that kind of stuff so we'll just see where the road takes me

so,,, yeah! 2019 was a pretty good academic year, and it was officially the start of my VCE journey. I've definitely learned what it means to build good habits and start working on studying early. i'm also very grateful for all the recognition i've received this year regarding my hard work, and I'm proud of all my good results (: I think that 2020 is gonna be a reality check for me, as I'll learn what it means to finally be in VCE. I'm looking forward to learning new things and continuously growing both academically and personally!

yesh.weerakkody

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 11:12:52 pm »
+3
Heyoooo, omg congratulations on the awards!! This just shows how ambitious and hardworking you are!  ;D
Looking forward to this journal. Also, what are you planning on doing on the holidays??
P.s. AYEEEE BTSSSSSSS!! Do you have a bias??
Do you very best, and nothing less!

2020-21: 95.05 - psych (43), bio (40) & LOTE (40)
2022-25: BSciAdvResearch(Hons)

pm me if you're interested in biology tutoring!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2019, 10:10:22 am »
+2
Heyoooo, omg congratulations on the awards!! This just shows how ambitious and hardworking you are!  ;D
Looking forward to this journal. Also, what are you planning on doing on the holidays??
P.s. AYEEEE BTSSSSSSS!! Do you have a bias??

haha thank you so much!!
this year i’m reallllyyyy looking forward to going to the beach and reading the summer novels i’ve prepared. i’m also happy to just have some time off to sleep a lot and be on my phone for hours without any worry lol.

yess bts!!! i’m a jimin bias but honestly it changes depending on weather haha. what about you?? do you listen to any other groups?

yesh.weerakkody

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2019, 10:41:01 am »
+2
I used to be very into a lot of Kpop but now it’s something I listen to occasionally. I still listen to songs I previously listened to tho. I really like BlackPink, Day6, Akmu, mamamoo and so on, but don’t listen to them that much anymore sadly :(. I’d say my bias now is tae, but I totally get what you mean hahaha...  my bias also changes everytime they change hair colour ;)
Ooh I see well enjoy the beach and the novels!
Do you very best, and nothing less!

2020-21: 95.05 - psych (43), bio (40) & LOTE (40)
2022-25: BSciAdvResearch(Hons)

pm me if you're interested in biology tutoring!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2019, 11:01:27 am »
+2
I used to be very into a lot of Kpop but now it’s something I listen to occasionally. I still listen to songs I previously listened to tho. I really like BlackPink, Day6, Akmu, mamamoo and so on, but don’t listen to them that much anymore sadly :(. I’d say my bias now is tae, but I totally get what you mean hahaha...  my bias also changes everytime they change hair colour ;)
Ooh I see well enjoy the beach and the novels!

ohh i love mamamoo!! and thanks, i will enjoy them huhuh

Snow Leopard

• Forum Leader
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2019, 10:15:30 pm »
+4
phew, this year is over. thank you snow leopard for the mini reminder to update this journal <3
All good :)

Congrats on the Awards and those fantastic Exam scores!

Snow Leopard

• Forum Leader
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2019, 04:49:04 pm »
+1
How have your holidays been thus far?

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2020, 03:22:18 pm »
+3
How have your holidays been thus far?
my holidays have been pretty good! i’ve been relaxing and watching netflix - mainly the new terrace house and the kdrama crash landing on you. i’m not keen for holiday hw tho aha
happy new year everybody 💜💜

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2020, 07:20:07 pm »
+10
log five / 21.2.20 / first update of 2020

hi i'm back !!  ;D
so vce has officially started for me , and i've been keeping myself busy trying to settle in so i didn't update. it's the end of week 4 and i think i'm fully immersed into school again aha so i thought it'd be a good time to hop back on! this year i'm in year 11, and i'm still doing all my subjects i mentioned earlier (eng, 3/4 hhd, legal studies, psychology, biology) with the exception of maths methods - i just moved to general maths instead (: methods was good while it lasted but i needed something different, i found it hard to balance with my other subjects and i thought this would be the best choice for me. although i won't have the prereqs for bachelor of science anymore i'm gonna try to find a way around it somehow but i'm leaving that for future jeyda bc ik it'll all work out in the end  8)

today i had my first legal studies sac, and i really like legal studies so i'm hoping i did well! i have my first yr12 sac (hhd) on monday after school so that's exciting/scary, and then more sacs scattered through the next two or so weeks ! i've been enjoying all of my subjects so far! in english, we're reading extinction + a streetcar named desire + to kill a mockingbird. i actually love extinction and we got to watch a live version at school , which was really cool! psych and bio have been really good too, i like my teachers and the content isn't difficult (so far lol) and hhd has been kinda scary so far bc it hit me that it's my first yr12 subject, but i'm not too stressed bc i did pretty well last year.

in trivial matters; i have a middle locker this year which isn't a big deal but i am almost 170 cm so it's a bit irritating but ALL IS WELL (lol). and it's in a pretty convenient part of the school too so no complaints  :-X one thing i didn't miss about school is the school bathrooms ,,, but at least the senior ones are somewhat better than the junior ones and we have soap now so lol that's luxurious. i've also been running thru my hand sanitiser like CRAZYYYYY bc i hate eating/working/existing with detty hands so i need to find a way to be more sustainable with that hahaah

``personal updates``
so in the beginning of 2020, i got my learners (!!!) so i'm pumped to start lessons. i turned 16 a while ago but it didn't matter when i got it to me, as long as i had it haha. i haven't started lessons yet but i'm excited to!
I've been trying to find some ways to manage stress/anxiety relating to school and i think a lot of it comes down to finding time to myself and having a work life balance and trying to keep the two seperate. i think i should develop these habits now so i don't burn out too early, bc i tend to get stressed easily and i know that that isn't ideal for these years

also the bts comeback in literally in less than 45 minutes so that's a highlight of my entire 2020 !!!!!! stream mots7

okay thank u !!! for reading my ramble about school and i will be back very soon (:

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2020, 10:25:46 pm »
+4
Super happy for you that you are enjoying all of your subjects! It really does make such a difference when your doing stuff you enjoy. That's awesome that you got you learners. Your not alone it getting them late. I turned 16 in April 2018, and I only got mine in February 2019, so welcome to the club. This may seem like a stupid tip, but I really liked using L plates that had suction cups on then, that way you can just jump in and out of the car and take them on and off quickly without leaving any residue or what not. This makes it so easy when other people have to use the car as well.

When I did attend mainstream school, I ended up getting a middle locker and being tall really sucked with it, so as someone who is 174 cm tall, I can 100% relate. (but then again I didn't know how some of the 180+ cm guys managed a bottom locker...)

Have a great week :)
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2020, 10:31:13 pm »
+1
Super happy for you that you are enjoying all of your subjects! It really does make such a difference when your doing stuff you enjoy. That's awesome that you got you learners. Your not alone it getting them late. I turned 16 in April 2018, and I only got mine in February 2019, so welcome to the club. This may seem like a stupid tip, but I really liked using L plates that had suction cups on then, that way you can just jump in and out of the car and take them on and off quickly without leaving any residue or what not. This makes it so easy when other people have to use the car as well.

When I did attend mainstream school, I ended up getting a middle locker and being tall really sucked with it, so as someone who is 174 cm tall, I can 100% relate. (but then again I didn't know how some of the 180+ cm guys managed a bottom locker...)

Have a great week :)

it really does! you can almost always tell the difference straight away. ah, my L plates are the ones that are self-sticking (the see-through ones)  :o thanks for the tip!
i guess middle lockers happen to the best of us  ;D i can imagine the inconvenience of having a bottom one, i'm so thankful i've never experienced it. i don't wanna jinx myself for next year though haha
you too!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2020, 05:13:32 pm »
+7
log six / 14-05-20

It's been a while since I've updated this journal, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi! I've been kind of AWOL on AN these past few months up until very recently, so I'm happy to be back and reading everyone's threads again.
I've accustomed to online school pretty well, actually. It's been surprising how much I've been enjoying studying from the warmth of my own room aha. We're back to school in just less than two weeks,,, I'm not too excited but there's nothing I can really do about it, I guess  :P  I'll do a quick update on my subjects and then mention some fun new things I've recently discovered

English: Since my last update, I got an 80% on my SAC for my text response, but due to COVID, we weren't able to do our creative SAC properly. I was, however, thrilled to find out I received a 100% my creative practice sac !!! The current area of work is argument analysis, which isn't too bad. I've been completing coursework and I'm going to work on some extra paragraphs to send in for feedback on my writing.

General Maths: You won't believe how I relieved I am that I switched maths classes before online school... if I had studied methods at home I would've probably struggled big time. Anyways, general has been pretty fun so far, and the unit of work we just finished (financial arithmetic) was an interesting topic. Maths work is somewhat therapeutic to complete because there's always an answer at the end aha

Psychology + Legal: I don't really have an update for these subjects as they're pretty smooth sailing... I'm lowkey disappointed that our Legal excursion was indefinitely postponed but it's totally understandable, hopefully we'll another chance next year! As for psych, it's been same same. My last assessment was the research sac– my topic was the effect of minor head trauma from sport and long term damages on the brain. It was super interesting to learn how to properly read and cite psychological research papers! We're currently studying developmental changes.

Biology: Andrew Douch has been my rock this iso period. His Edrolo videos are so engaging and easy to understand, and I'm planning on listening to his podcast soon. That being said, bio has been my favourite subject to study, but I don't necessarily enjoy the class. I think that we have teachers we click with, and ones we don't, and that's totally okay! We're studying a lot of year 12 content this year and we're currently up to photosynthesis, which is probably my favourite topic so far.

Health and Human Development: Oh, HHD. My 3/4 subject. You've been so good to me, and here I am neglecting you. I'm a bit... what's the word... stressed about the upcoming sac. Last year this area was so easy to understand, and now I feel the pressure building up of it being a 3/4, but I'm constantly trying to remind myself that all I need to do is "not spend time thinking about studying that you could be spending actually studying" (the paraphrased words of my aunt lol).
We're nearly finished working on the dietary guidelines so once we've done that, I'm going to spend the rest of this iso period preparing for the looming sac ahead. I have faith that I'll do well because I've stressed out about my past sacs but have received really good marks.
I'm not good with the whole study score calculation business, but so far in Unit 3 I've gotten an 88% on outcome 1 sac 1 and a 92% on outcome 1 sac 2. I don't know where I'm at in terms of ranking or Bs, B+s, As, that stuff. I'm not too fussed about the technicality of it, but as Unit 3 this year is gonna contribute more to my study score, I'm going to aim high for this next sac to end up with a higher average score.

During this iso period I've picked up watching anime - I never used to be into it until now, which is surprising, since I used to be super interested in Japanese culture in around grade 6/year 7  ;D I started watching Haikyuu in April, which I've finished and I'm obsessed with (can't wait for July) and I'm currently in the middle of watching Yuri on Ice, which is so fun!!!
I've also picked up a couple more iso skills- Solitaire and Minesweeper courtesy of procrastinating on the google doodle pages. If you were anything like me, I used to click around and wait for something to happen lol. But I've finally learnt!!

I'm going to try and be more active on AN and I'm really looking forward to chatting to everybody again!! I don't have any other updates so bye for now! xx

edit: spelling mistakes oops  :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 05:17:04 pm by jeydanaazli »

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2020, 05:38:34 pm »
+3
Hi Jeyda!

Congratulations on your English results! I'm literally so happy for you! But if you do ever need help with General Maths, Biology or English, I'll definitely be more than happy to help :)

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).