Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 07:00:19 pm

Author Topic: blueycan’s journey through VCE ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  (Read 32103 times)

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
blueycan’s journey through VCE ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« on: June 14, 2019, 04:35:09 pm »
+19
hello world

Today, it is the 14th of June, 2019, and I'm attempting to begin this VCE journal as my first semester of Year 10 has come to an end.
I'm particularly motivated to begin as I've just come home from my English exam, my last one. All of my exams have been packed into one week,which was a pain in the, you know, but definitely rewarding in the end, as I don't have to be at school next week. I'm kinda elated at the moment, because I found out that I've achieved 100% on my Health and Human Development exam  :o which is... I mean... pretty amazing. I have my work experience placement in two weeks, which should be pretty fun and, of course, my holiday break.

This semester, I've done the subjects english (I'm in an advanced class), maths, photography, HHD unit 1, psychology, and literature. Next semester, I'm doing english (still in advanced), year 10 methods (My school offers three levels in semester 2; foundation, general, and methods, designed to prepare us for VCE/VCAL), human biology, physics, HHD unit 2, and sociology.

Enough about school, and more about me!
I live in Melbourne. At school, I'm part of SRC, currently working on the social media aspects of our little group . Outside of school, I like to read a fair bit, watch Netflix, listen to music whenever I get the chance, and I love social media.
As for this journal, I've decided to begin now in Semester Two, as a fresh start. I'm going to try and update at the end of every week! I'll be documenting my subject choice process, thoughts, worries, celebrations, marks, and of course, one day, my atar score :o I think this'll be interesting to look back on in a few years, as well. I'd also VERY MUCH appreciate any advice you guys have for me (:

ok bye for now
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 03:30:26 am by blueycan »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: jeyda's journey through VCE ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 04:38:18 pm »
+2
Heyo!

Congrats on finishing exams. ;D Any celebration plans?

What are you doing for work experience?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:41:05 pm »
+3
Heyo!

Congrats on finishing exams. ;D Any celebration plans?

What are you doing for work experience?

Hi! No celebration plans as yet,,,, but we'll have to see what the weekend brings!
I'm doing my work experience at a council library. Fun for me, maybe not for others, lol

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 04:48:14 pm »
Hi! No celebration plans as yet,,,, but we'll have to see what the weekend brings!
I'm doing my work experience at a council library. Fun for me, maybe not for others, lol

That's cool! Is that sort of work something you might be interested in for the future, do you think?

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 05:55:04 pm »
+2
hello world

Today, it is the 14th of June, 2019, and I'm attempting to begin this VCE journal as my first semester of Year 10 has come to a sweet, sweet end.
I'm particularly motivated to begin as I've just come home from my English exam, my last one. All of my exams have been packed into one week,which was a pain in the, you know, but definitely rewarding in the end, as I don't have to be at school next week. I'm kinda elated at the moment, because I found out that I've achieved 100% on my Health and Human Development exam  :o which is... I mean... pretty amazing. I have my work experience placement in two weeks, which should be pretty fun and, of course, my deeply appreciated holiday break.

This semester, I've done the subjects english (I'm in an advanced class), maths, photography, HHD unit 1, psychology, and literature. Next semester, I'm doing english (still in advanced), year 10 methods (My school offers three levels in semester 2; foundation, general, and methods, designed to prepare us for VCE/VCAL), human biology, physics, HHD unit 2, and sociology.

Enough about school, and more about me!
I live in Melbourne, the best city in Australia. At school, I'm part of SRC, currently working on the social media aspects of our little group (AtarNotes follows me on Instagram hehe). Outside of school, I like to read a fair bit, watch Netflix, listen to music whenever I get the chance, and I love a good Insta sesh. If you couldn't tell by my pfp, I'm a BTS Army, which if you are too, don't hesitate to msg me (:

As for this journal, I've decided to begin now in Semester Two, as a fresh start. I'm going to try and update at the end of every week! I'll be documenting my subject choice process, thoughts, worries, celebrations, marks, and of course, one day, my atar score :o I think this'll be interesting to look back on in a few years, as well. I'd also VERY MUCH appreciate any advice you guys have for me (:

ok bye for now
Hello!
Nice to meet you jeydanaazli!
What is your favourite subject and why and what are your general study habits?
I can't wait for your next update!
 ;D

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 12:35:42 pm »
+4
Is that sort of work something you might be interested in for the future, do you think?
Not really, but I thought it'd be a good idea to have work exp somewhere other than retail.

What is your favourite subject and why and what are your general study habits?
I can't wait for your next update!
 ;D

My favourite subject had to be literature this semester, I'm bummed it's over so soon. My class was a small group of people and we had some fun times!
For my health class, I write out notes and stuff, and then I type them up on a big Google Docs sheet at home. I'm kind of all over the place when it comes to studying, so I'm trying to figure out which methods work for me. I'm trying to implement applying my knowledge to questions and concepts instead of flat-out memorisation as a study technique. I also make little revision sheets with all the important info I need without looking  back at my notes.

Excited to start updating once school resumes (:

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 12:48:38 pm »
+2
^Good idea re: testing out different study techniques. Finding what works for you is super important! :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 08:56:06 pm »
+2
hello world

Today, it is the 14th of June, 2019, and I'm attempting to begin this VCE journal as my first semester of Year 10 has come to a sweet, sweet end.
I'm particularly motivated to begin as I've just come home from my English exam, my last one. All of my exams have been packed into one week,which was a pain in the, you know, but definitely rewarding in the end, as I don't have to be at school next week.

Just finished my year 10 exams, but still stuck at school until this Friday! Enjoy your well-earned break and work experience. I'm sure you'll learn a lot at the library and it's awesome you're doing work experience somewhere other than retail. Look forward to reading more!

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 08:34:16 pm »
+1
hello world

I've just come home from my English exam, my last one.

Wait so you have ur English Exam as the last one, we have to do it as the first one.

hello world

I found out that I've achieved 100% on my Health and Human Development exam  :o which is... I mean... pretty amazing.
Congrats on such an amazing achievement, especially for a Unit 1/2 subject!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 08:59:57 pm »
+8
log one;

- the day before / monday, 150719

I didn't go to school today, even though it is the first day of term, because our school had a curriculum day. These holidays, I've been saying to myself, "Oh, Jeyda, you're gonna read so many books, and get all sorts of work done, blah, blah," and surprise, I really haven't been doing much.Three days ago, I found a Netflix series that had 16 episodes. I've finished it now. Binging it provided me with some much needed romance-filled escapism from the fact I have to go back to school.

This semester my subjects have changed - I'm studying PHYSICS, HUMAN BIOLOGY, and SOCIOLOGY as my electives. Honestly, physics wasn't my first preference, but that was the only one available to change into. So I went ahead with it, to push myself out of my comfort zone a little bit.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the year, there's gonna be some interesting and fun events happening. Top four - I'm going to Tasmania, my birthday, applying for Kwong Lee Dow, and picking VCE subjects.
I've got a weird motivation bubbling in myself right now, about starting a new semester and getting back to studying, but I think it'll wear off by this Thursday, hehe. I also found out the part reason why I had such a hard time pushing through my slump in May/June; I apparently have anaemia now, which means I'll need to take care of myself a little bit more..

I haven't even started school yet, and I've already written so much, oh my god. Okay. I'll leave for now, and update at the end of the week.

- friday, 190719

It's the end of the first week of Term 3! Hurrah!

This week was okay - getting back into a routine, introducing yourself to the class, etc. The thing I struggled with the most is realising how much of a bum I've been these holidays and how I need to start getting back into my study habits and whatnot. We had a Year 10 assembly on Wednesday about course counselling- this term, we'll be having many meetings to inform us and prepare us for our pathways into VCE/VCAL. Our official date to pick year 11 subjects is AUGUST 28. That's waaay sooner than I expected, but, I'm not too fussed, as I already kind of know what I want to do.

My classes were honestly, better than I expected. Here's a rundown:

English- I'm in an "advanced" class, which means we do different work to the other classes. Last semester, we read The Longest Memory, and this semester we're studying Black Diggers, and we'll eventually have to write a comparative essay on the two books. They're depressing, and hard to get through, and I much would have preferred to study Romeo and Juliet like the year 10's last year, but.. what can you do? It is what it is. We're having an incursion next week where we'll have actors come in and perform Black Diggers for us, and have a discussion, which I'm looking forward to!

Maths- This is a 'methods prep' class. I've never had this teacher before, but he's nice, and pretty helpful. He's encouraging us to buy the Methods Casio classpad calculator as soon as possible. I guess better to shell out $250 now than leave it to the last minute and not know how to use it when exams and stuff roll around! Semester 2 maths in year 10 is split into three; Foundation, General, and Methods. I've always been a bit slow at maths, so I've made a mental note to practice more!

Human Bio- This class is probably my favourite so far. It's not boring at all! We're starting to recap Cells and I'm liking it so far. Also, my teacher is great. I had them in Year 8 for Science and I have them now again. I like it when I can tell a teacher is passionate about their subject (:

Sociology - I like how our teacher encourages the students to discuss the topics covered in the classroom. It feels less like a lecture, and engages everybody more. We watched a video on a girl called Genie who was locked in her room for 13 years, and because of not being exposed to ANYTHING, not even her mothers voice, she had the body of a 7 year old, and her brain didn't develop the capacity to learn language. It was weird as, and heartbreaking, but really interesting.

Health - We've started to cover the Australian Healthcare System; Medicare, Private health insurance, PBS, etc. It's simple stuff, and I enjoy my health class. Not really much different from last semester (:

Physics - Okay, this is the subject that gave me a bit of grief, but not in terms of the content. I feel like my teacher and I don't match learning styles. They are a VeRy kickback, take it easy, don't have to write notes, sort of teacher, whereas I am the little pain in the ass student who is very anti-kickback. Especially in a subject like physics. I'll have to find a middle ground with them. I'm not too bothered, tbh, but I am curious to see how this class goes.

With the end of the week very much here, it is time to leave school behind in Melbourne, as I am packed and ready to catch a sweet 90 minute flight down to Tasmania for the weekend!!

Wait so you have ur English Exam as the last one, we have to do it as the first one.
Congrats on such an amazing achievement, especially for a Unit 1/2 subject!

thank you so much TT I studied my head off of my shoulders
our english exam was on a day where none of the students had any other exams (:
[/font]

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 06:46:55 am »
+1
Human Bio- This class is probably my favourite so far. It's not boring at all! We're starting to recap Cells and I'm liking it so far. Also, my teacher is great. I had them in Year 8 for Science and I have them now again. I like it when I can tell a teacher is passionate about their subject (:

Wow, that such a cool option to have in Year 10! Is it meant to be a preparation subject for 1/2 bio?

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 04:46:55 pm »
+2
Wow, that such a cool option to have in Year 10! Is it meant to be a preparation subject for 1/2 bio?

Yes! we have the option of Biology and Human Biology that both lead to 1/2 bio (:

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 06:12:02 pm »
Yes! we have the option of Biology and Human Biology that both lead to 1/2 bio (:

Cool! How are they different?

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 07:30:43 pm »
+1
Cool! How are they different?

I honestly don’t have that much of a clue lol.
In Human Bio we’re covering
- cells
- cell membrane
- cell division
- immune system
- homeostasis/the nervous system
I’m guessing in normal Bio they’d be covering different or more topics

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 07:51:15 pm »
+1
I honestly don’t have that much of a clue lol.
In Human Bio we’re covering
- cells
- cell membrane
- cell division
- immune system
- homeostasis/the nervous system
I’m guessing in normal Bio they’d be covering different or more topics

Yeah, they may cover adaptations, genetics, photosynthesis, autotrophs and heterotrophs ect. but it shoulds like you are covering a lot of Unit 1 bio. Must be good preparation!