Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:25:32 am

Author Topic: EPL 08/09 thread  (Read 24599 times)

psychlaw

Re: EPL 08/09 thread
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »
"I'd be suprised if they had a top 8 finish"

C'mon man their position now hardly matters
  their midfield is *quality* [although they do need a holding player, like Carrick was]
    <3 Huddlestone, his technique is *2nd to none* :coolsmiley:
    They'll battle it out for 5th, with Villa, City, Pompey, and possibly Newcastle and West Ham

tottenham have suprised me in the last few years, but there position last year (not a top 10 finish) is a metaphor for what is to come in future years.... they too are past there prime :D

and lack SEVERLY in attack. I admit the first 3 games aren't a great depiction of the rest of the season, but surely 2 goals in 3 games for the whole team gives you some idea of how there going

youve got to be joking! ok keane and berbatov are out but frankly they were not needed...Bentley, Dos Santos, Pavlyuchenko and Modric are HUGE in's and once they learn each others games will begin to dominate against all teams..their 5-0 smashing of roma pre-season is the spurs outfit you will be seeing very shortly whilst their defence has been strengthened with the buys of sanchez, gomes and corluka. It should be noted half these guys havn't even played yet, so a 1-1 draw with a full strength chelsea is dam good. When they all come back in you should see these boys DESTROYING most teams....

yet another defeat for tottenham, sad to see

Pavlyuchenko made his debut, the kids got talent, should form a decent partnership with Bent but he didn't look like a threat against Aston Villa

You seem to be confusing attacking midfielders with strikers

Dos Santos was terrible, and his not a striker, this is the type of form which led Barca to sell him

Modric is a midfielder aswell, if you consider him a striker then good luck waiting for goals, he'd be lucky to hit 5 for the season

Bentley is young and yet to score, and his another midfielder, plays on the wing (scored 10 goals in 90 games for blackburn)

Bent is a striker... his good (but you didnt even mention him)... he will be your sole source of consistent goals, atleast until Pavlyuchenko finds his feet

I stand by what I said before... TOTTENHAM severly lack in finishers... decent production and attack, but noone to poach and slot the goals in

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 08:22:10 pm »

I don't think saturday's was *such* an inspiring performance from Liverpool. They lacked guile in attack [see how they got their goals.] They need somone like Riqueleme to knit the team together and play the killer ball.

Liverpool were the more dominant team in terms of possession, but their goals came from either sheer bad luck with the own goal, or a huge error of judgement with Ryan Giggs allowing Mascherano through where he could have conceded a corner.
Some snippets of what goes on in IRC:

<chath> ill say " i wont let you go until u kiss me bitch"

<@enwiabe> i have the BEST orgasms when i'm working through a math problem

<@mark_alec> my bikini line however, is most important

Are you scared yet?

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 01:56:44 am »

I don't think saturday's was *such* an inspiring performance from Liverpool. They lacked guile in attack [see how they got their goals.] They need somone like Riqueleme to knit the team together and play the killer ball.

Liverpool were the more dominant team in terms of possession, but their goals came from either sheer bad luck with the own goal, or a huge error of judgement with Ryan Giggs allowing Mascherano through where he could have conceded a corner.

haha Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
   What I said

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:38 pm »

seems like Arsenal's Carling Cup team, average age 19, are leet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB8Z_Ea8Ri0&feature=related

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 09:35:26 pm »

seems like Arsenal's Carling Cup team, average age 19, are leet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB8Z_Ea8Ri0&feature=related

Arsenal will be awesome for the next few years, I'm expecting a number of silverware coming their way.

A couple of famous derbies on this weekend, with both the Merseyside and Milan derbies taking place. And hopefully, ManU can play themselves into form with an easy 4-0 win over Bolton as well :).

Are you scared yet?

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 05:55:27 pm »

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear's first press conference :)   http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NQqnc_ue0

an anagram of his name is "inane jokes"  ;D

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 08:51:43 pm »

gun impressions of Rafa Benitez, Gerrard, Carragher, Owen and Crouch

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=C2QEm028lKA

psychlaw

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 08:57:10 pm »
tottenham can't play soccer...

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 02:46:04 pm »

A lot has changed since u made this comment :P.

Are you scared yet?

Golfa

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 08:12:11 pm »

Finally got rid of a SHOCKING manager and replaced him with the best in England.
Spurts will finish 5th mark my words!

Ohh and Steven Gerrard is a hypocrite diver. Why would he condemn Ronaldo when he was the one who brought diving to England?

2007:
History: Revolutions

2008:
English
Further Maths
Psychology
Math Methods CAS       
Legal Studies

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 01:32:54 am »

"Ohh and Steven Gerrard is a hypocrite diver. Why would he condemn Ronaldo when he was the one who brought diving to England?"

Seconded

random.photon

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 02:02:38 am »
Man.United will win it three times in a row end of thread. Thank you good night.

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 06:38:33 am »

Finally got rid of a SHOCKING manager and replaced him with the best in England.
Spurts will finish 5th mark my words!

Ohh and Steven Gerrard is a hypocrite diver. Why would he condemn Ronaldo when he was the one who brought diving to England?

I reckon it was the players who had had enough with Ramos and rebelled by hardly putting in any effort in their first few matches.

Man.United will win it three times in a row end of thread. Thank you good night.
Whilst I'm a big ManU fan as well, both Chelsea and Liverpool are definitely starting to put a gap on the rest of the contenders at the moment. Whilst we have played all the big 4 sides away, we definitely cannot afford to drop any points against the mid/lower table teams now, since Chelsea are in sublime form and Liverpool just keep on managing to win.

Are you scared yet?

random.photon

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 07:24:04 pm »
Man United will beat the top 4 teams at home and the top 4 will surely drop points somewhere.

psychlaw

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 07:36:33 pm »
Golfa: thats really pushing it, they'd be lucky to get a top 10 finish. Sure they've won a couple of games but there still in relegation zone, and there form should dry up soon.

But I agree with you on Gerrard, lol. Biggest hippocrite.
This is pretty insightful :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVthv1RqHqo