Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:01:16 pm

Author Topic: Weekly Skills Development Challenge  (Read 953 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Weekly Skills Development Challenge
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:31:18 pm »
+8
Lots of you indicated that you cared about your ATAR, and for some of you this carries a strong element of apprehension and stress about how you'll be ready for the challenge of VCE.

One of the best things you can do to prepare is to develop good soft skills in areas such as time management, organisation, productivity, mental health management (disclaimer: I am not a professional, please seek professional help if that would help you) etcetera. Even if you aren't looking to prepare for VCE, these skills are vital for the "real world" aka, the one you are living in now and your life after high school (and university).

The main way to do develop these skills is practice, and I have an idea to support you in that. I could run a weekly challenge designed to help you integrate those skills into your daily life, and improve your level of prepared-ness for VCE.

Eg. one week might be a stress management challenge, and participants would spend 20 minutes each day that week on a selected activity from a list of options

Another week might be an procrastination challenge, organisation challenge, reframing challenge etc.

If you're interested, please reply on this thread - as this will only work if you want it to and tell me so :)