Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:26 pm

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1406571 times)  Share 

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5775 on: July 30, 2019, 04:51:44 pm »
+1
Most people already know but there is a new Sharetea at Monash Clayton - lines are pretty long though
Whereabouts on campus have they put it?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5776 on: July 30, 2019, 04:58:54 pm »
Whereabouts on campus have they put it?
It is on the lane that is to the right of the big screen in the middle of the campus. Campbell Hall is opposite it and the address is 32 exhibition Walk. There is a cafe next to it.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5777 on: July 30, 2019, 04:59:37 pm »
+2
It is on the lane that is to the right of the big screen in the middle of the campus. Campbell Hall is opposite it and the address is 32 exhibition Walk. There is a cafe next to it.

Did it just open today? Lines on campus can be absolutely whack.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5778 on: July 30, 2019, 05:17:27 pm »
+1
not exactly sure but I would guess it opened yesterday

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #5779 on: July 30, 2019, 06:20:51 pm »
+2

I'm guessing it opened in o week? Lots of hype online about it

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5780 on: July 30, 2019, 07:24:16 pm »
+1
Most people already know but there is a new Sharetea at Monash Clayton - lines are pretty long though
Highly jealous, Parkville just received a renovated cafe and I've heard that it's v expensive aha. :')
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #5781 on: July 30, 2019, 07:41:51 pm »
I'm guessing it opened in o week? Lots of hype online about it
Yep it opened on the 23rd of July so last Tuesday. Though people are getting annoyed at the crowds blocking their way though like this post here.

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #5782 on: July 30, 2019, 08:28:30 pm »
+2
How does everyone become motivated to study? It's only week one but I feel like studying has become a chore.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5783 on: July 30, 2019, 09:34:16 pm »
+5
How does everyone become motivated to study? It's only week one but I feel like studying has become a chore.
Honestly I've just had to make a routine for myself because I am never really motivated to study haha. Different stuff works for different people but I find making a list of things I have to do that day/evening and just systematically working through it helps me. I think if you rely on motivation to study you're gonna get further de-motivated because of your lack of motivation, if that makes sense.
Don't feel bad for the fact you're not loving every minute of uni :) I've always found the study that I have to do outside of uni to be the most stress-inducing (and least enjoyable) because of issues like this, and I'm sure that's the case for a lot of people.

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5784 on: August 20, 2019, 08:29:06 pm »
+2
Mid-semester tests timetables are out on WES again if you have mid-sems at Caulfield Racecourse. Like last sem, I think it only applies to some bus eco tests (mainly accounting & finance ones, plus a few from econometrics). More information on them can be found here. Timetables are out here as well if you can't find yours.

Main difference now is that reading time and writing time are combined together, so for example a 1hr exam now becomes 70mins of reading/writing time and a 2hr exam becomes 130 mins of reading & writing time.

thenuttyprofessor

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5785 on: August 22, 2019, 08:59:28 pm »
Yea uh not sure if anyone has asked this but looking the student accomodation page on monash's website, there is a gap between contracts. What do people do in that time? Where do they live, especially if student accom is there only hope, i.e estranged parents? Surely theres something for people in this situation?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5786 on: August 23, 2019, 11:04:46 am »
+3
Yea uh not sure if anyone has asked this but looking the student accomodation page on monash's website, there is a gap between contracts. What do people do in that time? Where do they live, especially if student accom is there only hope, i.e estranged parents? Surely theres something for people in this situation?
You can apply to stay over summer :) they usually open up the applications in second semester some time. Noone gets rejected because there's obviously not a heap of people who want to stay on over summer. But there definitely are a number of students who do stay.

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5787 on: September 12, 2019, 09:28:18 am »
+1
Hey everyone,

If you haven’t seen the posters around campus - Jeffrey study buddy is a new chat app on Messenger that enables you to keep up to date with your deadlines for all of your units.

However, today I got a message from it that it can be used to check your preliminary exam timetables, which are usually only available to staff or people that study and work at Monash as part of engineering teams for example.

Just click here and you’ll be able to access your timetables. I know that this works for Caulfield & Clayton units, unsure about Peninsula/Parkville units.

Give it a shot anyways and see what happens.

Hope this brightens up your day

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5788 on: September 12, 2019, 12:47:26 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,

If you haven’t seen the posters around campus - Jeffrey study buddy is a new chat app on Messenger that enables you to keep up to date with your deadlines for all of your units.

However, today I got a message from it that it can be used to check your preliminary exam timetables, which are usually only available to staff or people that study and work at Monash as part of engineering teams for example.

Just click here and you’ll be able to access your timetables. I know that this works for Caulfield & Clayton units, unsure about Peninsula/Parkville units.

Give it a shot anyways and see what happens.

Hope this brightens up your day

apparently someone already posted the preliminary timetable on stalker-space last night.

However, shouldn't this not be available to everyone since it should be only for Monash staff at this moment. (unless they have changed their policy this semester).

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5789 on: September 13, 2019, 01:51:09 pm »
apparently someone already posted the preliminary timetable on stalker-space last night.

However, shouldn't this not be available to everyone since it should be only for Monash staff at this moment. (unless they have changed their policy this semester).

Yep exactly why the google sheet has been deleted on stalkerspace.