Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 10:16:15 pm

Author Topic: Penalised for quotes?  (Read 823 times)  Share 

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Penalised for quotes?
« on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:18 pm »
Hey guys, during my english assessment this week, my 12 quotes were taken away from me, by a teacher. The assessment task said "Quotes ONLY... doesn't include notes, identification of techniques, and their effects." With my quote, "I’ll make it up to you all, I swear. [Daniel] Yeah, mate. Yeah. [Tom]” it was taken off me because of the character's names. Other classes were simply allowed to white-out their mistakes, and go on their merry way.

Do you think my character names are an advantage? Would you consider this part-of the quote? Do you think it's unfair, because other classes were able to fix their mistakes?

Thank you

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Penalised for quotes?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:09:47 pm »
Hey Kaan!

So I can't comment on whether the character names are an advantage or not - They possibly are. But that doesn't matter if others were allowed to keep modified versions of their quote sheets!

Whether your actions were allowed or not, you've been treated more harshly than some of your peers, and that's massively unfair. You should definitely go through whatever appeal processes are available at your school to get that rectified!! :)

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:40 pm »
Yeah i'm going through that avenue. But I was just wondering how it could be an advantage. Essentially, if they weren't there, I would still known who said it. I honestly don't understand the subjectivity of english  :'( ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:00:57 pm »
Yeah i'm going through that avenue. But I was just wondering how it could be an advantage. Essentially, if they weren't there, I would still known who said it. I honestly don't understand the subjectivity of english  :'( ;D

Hmm, in my opinion it isn't really an advantage. Like, how does knowing who said it help? Buuut if you were only allowed quotes I suppose that's rule. It is definitely extreme  :-X