Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:36:46 pm

Author Topic: I came, I saw, I fell in – A hums student's journey through BA  (Read 22015 times)

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
Re: I came, I saw, I fell in – A hums student's journey through BA
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 04:58:32 pm »
+11
Update #3: 08-03-2019

Good news – I survived my first week of university.
Bad news – my wallet did not.

I may or may not have spent the first three days of uni eating out all the fancy restaurants in the city, and today I had to do my friend’s reading for him in exchange for a cheeseburger meal at McDonalds.

General uni stuff

Uni started on Monday 4th of March, and I had my first classes the day after. For the most part, it didn’t feel like I was at university at all. Maybe it’s because I spend so much time walking around South Lawn, but the campus honestly felt more like a park than an educational institute.

One thing I’ve noticed over this week is that it’s incredibly easy to get to know others on campus – but maintaining that friendship is a different matter. It’s so easy to walk into your lecture, say hi to the person sitting next to you, chat and get to know them, say ‘see you around’ when the lecture’s over, and then never see that person ever again.

Okay, enough with the chit-chat, here’s the more academic side of my first week of uni –

Arts Foundation – Power

I was quite unsure about this subject at first – after all, how different can it be to VCE global politics? Added to the fact that I’ve heard nothing but crap about AF subjects, and that my Plan A had been Reason, this was easily the subject I looked forward to the least.

Plot twist – this subject is awesome! To be honest, it’s more philosophy than politics. Readings include Foucault, Weber, and of course – the legendary Karl Marx. For our second lecture, we had to look at the similarities between McDonalds and Nazi Concentration Camps (yes, you read that right). Tutorials start next week and I can’t wait to see what more absurd craziness happens in there.

The World Since WW2

I feel like this is the only subject that I can fully keep up with at the moment. After all, it’s my only history subject for the semester. Learning about modern history such as the Cold War is definitely a refreshing change from human sacrifices of ancient Mesopotamia and crucifixion methods of ancient Rome. We also have to look at Karl Marx for this subject – I’ve heard this guy’s name more times in this week than I have in my entire life.

Introductory Microeconomics

This subject has two lecturers – there’s Tom, who for the first lecture prepared 23 slides written in Times New Roman, half of which went through actual content; then there’s Phil, who had 13 ‘welcome’ slides written in Comic Sans. Most of my friends in this subject are BCom students who did econ for VCE, and the message I’m getting is that so far all the content had been a repeat of 3/4 economics. I kind of regret not continuing this subject into 3/4 now.

We didn’t do much in our tutorial, it was mainly introducing ourselves and doing a groupwork task just so that we can learn to work in groups or something. There were around 15 people in my tutorial and I was the only non-commerce student. My tutor full-on squinted at me for half a second when I said I'm doing Bachelor of Arts.

Quantitative Methods 1

And finally, the legendary QM1. From the first lecture I could tell that this subject will definitely be demanding. Methods was by far my worst subject in VCE, and QM is nothing but maths and statistics.

In lectures we went through mean, median, mode, and range. The maths so far hasn’t been hard, but the way they set it out make it seem like rocket science. There was one slide with formulas that looked so mind-boggling I could feel my brain collapsing onto itself. After pages of working out and some solid cursing, I finally realised that it was basically saying ‘negative and positive makes negative’ – essentially, year 7 maths.
Spoiler

Translation: that whole blob is positive if the two smaller things are either both positive or both negative. The whole blob is negative if one is positive and the other is negative.

In our very first tutorial we had a maths test. As soon as the teacher announced this, the guy sitting next to me let out a barely audible but highly relatable groan. The actual test wasn’t too bad – it was mainly year 9 maths with some basic calculus. There were however, a few questions concerning this fancy Greek symbol thing that looks kind of like the letter ‘E’ with a number thing on top and some a fancy ‘i’ thing in italics at the bottom (I’m doing a great job explaining this, aren’t I?) and I was completely clueless about what on earth it was asking me to do.

I was also the only BA student for my QM tute, not that I mind. I’m all for low expectations from others.

So yep, that was my very first week of university. So far, not to bad! The workload isn’t heavy, the content isn’t too hard, and I love the atmosphere of the campus. The maths might cause me a lot of headaches but I’m sure I’ll learn to embrace it eventually. Travel time has been alright – I get a lot of reading done on the train. I’m really loving uni life right now.

Hope all my fellow first-years enjoyed their first week of university! See you all next time ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:14:22 pm by hums_student »
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 05:24:42 pm »
+3
Glad to hear you're loving things so far! 

Marx is a name you'll likely continue to hear/see around campus (even if you weren't an arts student!)

Do you understand summation notation now? (The thing with the sigma aka "weird E thing") - happy to explain if you're a little lost :)

hums_student

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 04:10:41 pm »
+10
Update #4: 04-04-2019

It’s been a while… I was planning to follow the update schedule of once-a-fortnight which worked well during VCE. Unfortunately, your boi was not prepared for the monstrosity that was uni.

Uni reminds me of the time my dad tried to teach me to swim by chucking me into a 3m deep pool without a floatation device.

Anyway, let the update begin.

Arts Foundation: Power
In my last update I said that despite my initial low expectations, AF was a nice surprise. Now that we’re one month in… it’s is easily my favourite subject. The content is questionable (*cough* genocidal burgers *cough*) and it’s without a doubt the least applicable subject I have – but I love it nonetheless.

I’m just going to go off on tangent here to talk about the lecturer
Andrew Dawson is easily the coolest academic on campus. I live for his hilarious stories about the personal lives of the thinkers we learn about – such as how Das Kapital was the product of Karl Marx’s overly excessive public alcoholism and how Louis Pierre Althusser strangled his wife in “an act of mercy” so that she wouldn’t have to deal with his BS.

Don’t even get me started on the time he proudly recounted how he used to throw pudding at his high school teachers; or when he blasted (and happily lip-synced to) God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols mid-lecture.

In one lecture I was sitting in the front row, and Andrew, while trying to make a point about why those in positions of power should avoid abusing authority, unleashed a series of derogatory words in my direction. While the whole theatre roared in laughter, he gave me the cheekiest wink.

I think he’s the only person who, without fail, receives applause at the end of each lecture. He really knows how to end things on a high note.

With such an awesome lecturer, it makes dealing with words such as antidisestablishmentarianism much more bearable.

Post-WWII History
Is it weird that, despite being my only history subject, I’m not too crazy about it? Don’t get me wrong – it’s great, and I love the readings and the lectures. I guess it’s just not as fun and exciting when compared to AF. Still greatly enjoy it on the whole though.

Our first assignment was a 500-word essay analyzing a telegram for anyone interested: either George Kennan’s Long Telegram and the Novikov Telegram with reference to two secondary sources, to draw conclusions on why it was historically significant and how it influenced US / Soviet foreign policy. All that, in 500 words! I ended up having to edit every ‘United States’ to ‘US’ and every ‘Soviet Union’ to ‘USSR’, just to cut down my final word count.

Our second assignment is a 2000-word research essay. The topic I chose is 'How did the global political and ideological conflict of the Cold War impact everyday life on either side of the Iron Curtain’.
To quote my dad, “Let me tell you about the time I TOTALLY climbed the Berlin Wall for a dare.

Microeconomics
*laughs nervously* no no no I’m not struggling in this subject at all what do you mean I need help
Easily my worst subject. Most of the theory is quite intuitive but trying to understand all those fancy terminology and graphs is impossible. Our first assessment was a multiple choice test worth 5% of our final grade, which I scored a 5/8 on.

Our second assignment is a 750-word report where we have to answer four questions regarding a case study on tax on tobacco sales. And no, I don't even know how to start this.

Quantitative Methods
We’re going to keep going downhill for a while…
The lecturer is definitely the most monotone one I have this term. I don’t even know his name. He has a knack of saying “You would’ve already learnt this in your finance subject” or “You’ll learn the details in marketing” whenever he skims over content, and I’m just sitting there like CAN YOU NOT? Sadly, my desperate pleas go unanswered.

Oh and I have a test in an hour. An actual math test. I still remember walking out of methods exam 2 last year, unable to stop myself from grinning as I thought I’ll never have to do math again for the rest of my life. Boy oh boy was I naïve…

All in all, still loving uni. Does that need to be said? It’s different to high school and the workload is monstrous but I’m loving campus life. At the same time, I’m at a bit of a crossroads situation – still trying to figure out whether or not university is for me, I guess. I’m still not 100% committed to the idea of going down this path. But still, it has been enjoyable and for now, I think I’ll be sticking around.

Let's hope I do a better job of updating next time. Have a good week guys ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 04:41:45 pm »
+1
I can really relate to what you've said about your Arts Foundation lecturer. Not because I've had that lecturer myself, but because I've had lecturers where I've just been in awe and it's fundamentally changed the university experience. I'm glad you're experiencing something similar!

Good luck for your test!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 03:50:53 pm »
+1
I get what you mean with Andy Dawson since I'm doing an Anthropology major :). Many of the other lecturers in the major are a bit eccentric like that. There is another one who uses hair to floss their teeth :P
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb

hums_student

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 05:45:43 pm »
+12
Update #5: 28-04-2019

With the midsem break coming to an end, I really should stop putting off this journal.

Arts Foundation: Power
I got a pass for assignment 1. Not even H3. A pass. URGH. Thank god it’s not worth much. Feedback said I didn’t go into enough detail - duh! With a 500 word limit, how much detail can they expect?
Good ol' Andrew Dawson, the absolute champ, has been most outrageously replaced by a series of guest lecturers so the lectures haven't been nearly as interesting.

Post-WW2 History
First assignment for history went much better. Wait for it... I got a H1! 89 to be exact. It’s a nice surprise after my disastrous AF score.
For Assignment 2 on East/West Europe, I'm focusing on pop culture, education, and religion. There’s a surprising lack of articles on the west (I guess east is just much spicier). Also, it sucks when you finally come across a relevant article only to find it costs $34.99 to read.
On a somewhat unrelated note - I’ve been using a German accent during my history tutes (as punishment for losing a bet in week 1) and now everyone in the tute thinks I’m an international student. I should probably stop before things get out of hand but at the same time it’s hilarious.

Intro Microeconomics
I think this is my worst subject right now (what's even happening for this subject??). I’ve successfully merged myself into a group of Chinese international students who carried my arts student ass during the last assignment, but I must also pass the final exam to pass this subject, and that’s worrying.

Quantitative Methods
Despite its infamous reputation, QM isn’t that bad touch wood. The maths is surprisingly easy (once you get over its horrifying facade) and it’s mostly just building up from the probability/stats section of VCE maths.

Marks (because there are no other ways to measure progress amirite?)
AF
- Bibliographic Exercise (15%): Pass (score unknown)
History
- Tutorial Exercise (20%): H1 (89/100)
Micro
- Multiple Choice Test (5%): Pass (5/8)
- Assignment 1 (10%): H2A (47/60)
QM
- Mid Semester Test (7.5%): H2A
- Assignment 1 (7.5%): TBA

Aside from academics, I've been busy with the Les Mis production as well as work, which I love. Seriously. Teaching little kids piano is honestly the best job in the world. Maybe I should go into primary education instead, they are just so damn adorable. Unfortunately uni gets in the way a lot and I simply can't work as much as I want to.

To put it simply, I'm having second thoughts about uni. WHAT? SHOCKER! While I love the people, the atmosphere, the environment, it just consumes so. much. damn. time. After talking to friends, family, teachers from high school, and even Stop 1, I think I'll stick it out till the end of semester, then do a gap year. Maybe if that gap year goes well enough I'll drop out entirely. *idk*… (I'm currently in a very confused moment of my life and I don't know where this is heading)

To end on some positive news - my team raised a total of $2080 in Relay For Life! First time we cracked the $2K mark, definitely worth celebrating for me at least.

Well that update was a little all over the place. I guess I'm a little all over the place right now. Don't know what else to say, will hopefully check in with some more academic-focused news next time.

Wishing everyone all the best for the rest of the semester! ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:47:52 pm by hums_student »

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 06:51:29 pm »
+1
loving this so far, and I'm excited to see more !!!
i think i should binge your vce journey posts to kind of prepare for this one lol

hope all goes well !

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2019, 03:25:51 pm »
+1
Nice update! :)

What do you think you'd do in your time away from uni, should that eventuate?

hums_student

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2019, 08:40:40 pm »
+5
loving this so far, and I'm excited to see more !!!
i think i should binge your vce journey posts to kind of prepare for this one lol

hope all goes well !
Hey! Thanks for the encouraging message :D hope all goes well for you with VCE too!

Nice update! :)

What do you think you'd do in your time away from uni, should that eventuate?
Hmm... good question ;D

I haven't thoroughly planned through much yet, but at the moment what's on my mind is to take a year off school to get an LMusA (music diploma). The thing is, there are many problems with this plan, the major ones being that 1, it usually takes much longer than a year to get it; and 2, the success rate is only around 10-15% so there's a highly likely chance that I'd just end up wasting an entire year. which is slightly scary to think about.

I'm not 100% set on the idea of a gap year (or dropping out) yet. Aside from what I said abgove, there's also the thought that, after forfeiting everything in year 12 to get into uni, I shouldn't throw it away so carelessly. My parents also aren't thrilled with the plan as the LMusA is practically useless outside the field of classical music, unlike degrees you get at uni which has transferable skills.

So yeah, a little all over the place right now ;D For now, what I've settled on is to finish this semester while also working on an LMusA repertoire and see how it turns out. Best case scenario, I pass all my units while making progress on music. Worst case scenario, I fail my first semester. Anyway, I've decided to put music as my top priority for the time being, to see whether or not uni will get in the way.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2019, 04:23:33 pm »
+1
Had any more thoughts about what you'll do over the last couple of weeks? :)

hums_student

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 09:59:26 pm »
+9
Had any more thoughts about what you'll do over the last couple of weeks? :)
Not much, haha. Still got a thousand possibilities, and still keeping my options open!

Update #6: 17-06-2019

AN: Yo buddy, you sure you don't want to make a new thread?
Me: Wha— surely not…
*Peeks at time of last update*
Me: *shocked Pokémon face*

I'VE FINISHED ALL MY EXAMS!

Assignments

The most noteworthy is history: the only one I put effort into — starting the day it came out, rewriting draft after draft, proofreading times and times again, even asking my high school history teacher for feedback. Imagine my utter dismay upon getting back a lousy score of 68! 68!! For all my efforts and research and late nights in the library, this was my reward??

I had instantly emailed my tutor, who kindly went over it in detail with me. He gave me a much needed wake-up call on the difference between VCE and uni, namely, that the standards are much higher.
Example
In high school, we were taught that the differences between a primary and secondary source is the date it was written. But in uni, instead of the date, you look at the context.

Eg: say we're talking about the Russian Revolution: a scholarly article published in 1917 by someone with a PhD in the US would be considered a primary source in high school, but a secondary source in uni. Meanwhile, a book written in 1967 by someone recounting his experience during the revolution is secondary in high school, but primary in uni.
I still thought a 68 was harsh though, and after talking to my tutor about it, he raised it to a 75!
Moral of story: have a good relationship with your teachers If you think you've been marked unfairly, challenge it.

Exams

I know it's still in the early stages of the exam period, but I had one exam per day from Tuesday to Friday, and I'm now free!

History consisted of 2 essays (1500 words) on the 2 most important events since 1945. I wrote on:
   1. Fall of the Berlin Wall shout out to the fatherland
   2. The Nixon Shock

Arts Foundation was a 1500-word essay on power and the state. The problem? We had less than 2 days to write it, and I had exams on those days. So I went "Screw this" and proceeded to compose the worst essay in the history of bad essays.

Economics was an actual exam. I had spent hours before revising Game Theory, as my tutor said it'll be an extended response question worth 30 marks. Plot twist: It came up only ONCE, as multiple choice.

Stats just finished a few hours ago. It wasn't bad, I even finished with 20 minutes to spare, though I don't want to sound too confident before results come out lol. There was one question regarding p-values which had me stumped, but other than that I thought it was reasonable.

Predictions on final results:
History: H2A (75-79)
Statistics: H2B (70-74)
Microeconomics: H3 (65-69)
Foundation: H3 (65-69)

Subject Reviews

For anyone thinking of doing Arts (or Commerce lol) at UoM in the future, I’ll write up full reviews in the UoM thread soon. In the meantime, here’s the TL;DR version:

HIST10012: The World Since World War II
Rating: 6/5
Hands down my favourite. This subject looks at events from 1945 (VE/VJ) to 2001 (9/11), focusing on political, economic, social, & cultural aspects. Chronologically, it falls between VCE Revs and Global Politics. Incredibly content-heavy, but very rewarding.

MULT10018: Power (Arts Foundation)
Rating: 4/5
Highly philosophical, political, and intellectually stimulating, albeit somewhat questionable in content. I'll let the subject guide speak for itself:

ECON10005: Quantitative Methods 1
Rating: 3.5/5
Maths, maths, and more maths. The content is useful, especially regarding excel functions. Topics include statistical inference, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, and regression. Despite being a humanities/arts student, I enjoyed it.

ECON10004: Introductory Microeconomics
Rating: –1/5 Yes, it's a negative sign.
Nothing against the content, but the subject is badly organised: In tutes, you'd either get too many or too little questions, there's no in-between. Tute answers are never uploaded, not even before exams. Irrelevant Qs are commonly given out. Definitions of key terms keep getting changed around. Even assignments were changed mid-way. But the factor which earned this subject the negative sign? TOPHAT. It's an online platform for doing pre-tute tasks and for marking attendance. You either pay the overpriced subscription fee, or you only get access from specific locations on campus which makes pre-tute tasks and exam revision a pain in the ass.
Content-wise though, I'd give it a 3/5.

Semester 1: A Reflection

Things I'm proud of:
   • Handing up all assignments a day early.
   • Not failing a single assignment though I did come close for a few
   • Getting my shout out to Professor Andrew Dawson published on UniMelb Love Letters.
   • Getting the prestigious Top Fan Badge on UniMelb Love Letters

Thing's I'm not proud of:
   • Overdosing on Grattan Street's KFC
   • Using 'The Spot' and 'FBE Building' interchangeably for a month before realising they were different buildings.
   • Seeing my high school friends getting ready for (or are already in) the workforce, having a lot of second thoughts about uni, and wishing to drop out.
   • Not putting in as much effort as I would've liked.

Life update

There will soon be one more driver on the road!!
I'm turning 18 next month - you know what that means? I can get my P's!

I’ve got Hazard Perception booked for tomorrow, and the road test on my birthday. I'll be borrowing a mate's car as I don't have my own. Let's hope I return it in one piece.

I'll try to update once results come out. If I don't, it'll either be because I died or I failed. The two terms seem rather synonymous right now.

Good luck to everyone who still have exams! Hope you all smash them!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 11:38:48 am by hums_student »

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 05:23:10 pm »
+4
Amazing post. Always enjoy your updates. Great stuff. 👍

P.S. Don't do what I did and leave getting your Ps for several years from now haha.

hums_student

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 09:12:37 pm »
+3
Amazing post. Always enjoy your updates. Great stuff. 👍

P.S. Don't do what I did and leave getting your Ps for several years from now haha.
Thanks Nick! And yikes that sounds bad! At least you don't have to do the *dreaded* 120 hours right?

I did manage to pass Hazard Perception against all odds, although there was one question which was asking me when to overtake and I clicked when there was a mum with a pram in front of me. :-[ (it followed a series of 'when should you slow down' questions) rip
Only got the road test now!

hums_student

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 09:37:45 pm »
+10
Update #7: 10-07-2019

With semester 2 commencing at the end of the month, it's time for this long-overdue update.

Results: 2019 Semester 1

Watching my WAM bounce up and down without a clue as to which subject it was for was a serious test of patience. The commerce group chats were exploding with texts — "I think it was stats"; "No it wasn't, it was micro"; "Surely not, I think finance"; "Nah, I'm sure it's accounting"... That continued for about three days.

My first WAM update was for economics — ECON10004 Introductory Microeconomics, H2A (79). I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it, as I was in a state of utter confusion throughout the exam, not too mention I had mediocre scores for both assignments and didn't hand in half of my pre-tutorial work. Looks like cramming while on the train to the exam does have its benefits.

The very next day it took a nosedive — MULT10018 Foundation - Power, H3 (68). Yikes. I should've seen it coming though, considering my final research essay was about 300 words below the word limit and I wrote it in an hour at 2am while simultaneous having a Stephen King movie marathon. Foundation was my 'bludge' throughout the semester and I really wish I had fostered a better attitude towards it.

My WAM rose a few hours later with stats — ECON10005 Quantitative Methods 1, H1 (94)! I was beyond ecstatic pun intended, as it’s no secret that your boi is retarded at maths. To be honest, I don't know how I got the score I did, especially considering its monstrous fail rate of 40%. Certainly ironic that, as a 'hums student', my best subject ended up being maths - the only STEM subject I'm doing!

My last update came the day after — HIST10012 The World Since World War II, H1 (80). I was extremely relieved by my score, as after bombing the research assignment I was sure I had just kissed H1 goodbye. If I hadn't requested a re-mark, my final score would've been 76, H2A; so to any other uni students reading this, never hesitate to challenge your results if you think you've been marked too harshly, it might just raise your entire grade!

My final WAM for sem 1 just snuck into the H1 range — 80.25. Certainly a miracle.

Anyway, I've written reviews for all four subjects I did this semester. For future students, check them out here:
Economics | Foundation | Statistics | History

Finally before I move on, I thought that since I managed to pass foundation, and as I might not be able to take up anthropology electives, it’s likely that I’ll never get my regular dosage of Professor-Andrew-Dawson-Awesomeness ever again. So I leave here my thanks to the most awesome lecturer I’ll ever have, in the only form I know how — with UniMelb Love Letters.
Spoiler

Next Semester

Two updates ago I had said I wanted to drop out. That’s not happening anymore. I won’t go into any personal details here, as there were a number of factors which influenced my decision. So here I am heading into semester 2. Get hyped bois

I am again doing 4 subjects in sem 2 — three electives and a breadth, so it's (hopefully) pretty chill.

HPSC10001: From Plato to Einstein (history & philosophy of science)
A lot of my friends from science and biomed are doing this unit as breadth (in fact, I think most people doing this subject are from science). The only subject review I could find was from a BSci student, who claims there's a lot of physics involved (uh oh).

POLS10003: Political Ideas (political science)
My original plan was Italian 4, but swapped out due to a timetable clash. I figured POLS would be a good follow-up subject to Arts Foundation from sem 1, hopefully with some less Marxism focus lol.

ANCW20025: Archaeology of the Roman World (ancient world studies)
I am pumped for this, as I am fascinated by archaeology. Granted, this subject focuses on theory, but I gotta start somewhere right? It'll also be my first brush with a Level 2 subject, which is exciting.

ECON10003: Introductory Macroeconomics (economics)
My only core subject for this semester, and ironically my breadth. I'm not looking forward to it as much as the other three, especially when I hated its sem 1 counterpart (Intro Microeconomics). But maybe it'll grow on me.

It'll be an interesting semester considering all 4 subjects are from 4 radically different disciplines.

Timetabling for Level 2 subjects open 10am sharp tomorrow, and next Tuesday for Level 1. If I'm lucky, I might only need to go to uni for one day per week next semester (because only nerds go to optional lectures :P).

Life update

Spoiler
Being 18 is weird. All of a sudden I'm expected to get my life sorted out, but the reality is I barely know how bitcoins work.

Getting my red P's were nice though. I lost marks for doing 60 on a 70km/hr road because I was trying to demonstrate what a safe driver I was. #fail.

Hope everyone has a nice break before the new semester! ;D ;D

P.S. Just thought I'd add, the title of this journal comes from Julius Caesar, not Ghostbusters.

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 11:25:15 pm »
+1
sounds like super exciting subjects! good luck :)
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams