Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:21:36 am

Author Topic: CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!  (Read 8489 times)  Share 

Primallis

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 04:57:33 pm »
+2
In regards to the exam, I found the Short Answer was quite good if you knew the content. The 1st question would've stumped a lot of people if they didn't know and the 7 marker you had to think more broadly about Australia's HR as a whole. Crime question was awesome, loved it. The second World Order question was useless in my opinion but the first was quite good!

The only major problem was the Multiple Choice. I felt like it went from 1 to 100 really quickly. It got very specific in some cases but then again broad in the other. I felt it wasn't overall bad but there was some that were a bit of a problem that you just had to pick.
Current Subjects (2017):
Economics: 92
Legal Studies: 91
Modern History: 95
Advanced English: 90
Extension English: 46
Extension History: 47
Studies of Religion I: 48
2016: Mathematics: 84

ATAR: 97.8

mitchello

• Trailblazer
  • This sentence is false.
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 06:23:59 pm »
+1
I just finished my legal exam this afternoon (several hours after you guys by the looks), but my questions don't line up with everyone's general discussion. Maybe I did the independent paper lol, i don't even check which one I do (if that's the case should I just wait for a separate thread?)
Advanced English//Mathematics//Economics//Legal Studies//Ancient History//History Extension

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 06:42:11 pm »
+2
Ahhh I better not say anything, just to follow the guidelines. Was your paper today?

If your short answers had a 3, 5 and 7 marker, then chances are you did the CSSA paper
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

georgiia

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 06:55:33 pm »

In regards to the exam, I found the Short Answer was quite good if you knew the content. The 1st question would've stumped a lot of people if they didn't know and the 7 marker you had to think more broadly about Australia's HR as a whole. Crime question was awesome, loved it. The second World Order question was useless in my opinion but the first was quite good!

The only major problem was the Multiple Choice. I felt like it went from 1 to 100 really quickly. It got very specific in some cases but then again broad in the other. I felt it wasn't overall bad but there was some that were a bit of a problem that you just had to pick.
Lol I was stuck doing the 2nd world order one because I didn't have enough knowledge to do the first

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 08:12:18 pm »
+1
I'm seriously starting to doubt whether or not it was a good decision to mention my contemporary issue in that 7 marker... Just to clarify, I didn't explicitly say 'human trafficking and slavery', but I did say that their ratification of international treaties allow for them to uphold human rights.

When can we start talking openly about the exam? I'd like to send in my response, which i've typed up as closely as possible to how I did in the exam
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:42 pm »
+1
I'm seriously starting to doubt whether or not it was a good decision to mention my contemporary issue in that 7 marker... Just to clarify, I didn't explicitly say 'human trafficking and slavery', but I did say that their ratification of international treaties allow for them to uphold human rights.

When can we start talking openly about the exam? I'd like to send in my response, which i've typed up as closely as possible to how I did in the exam

I misinterpreted that question hard. Max I can get is four, and that's a stretch.

I feel bummed out.

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 08:15:19 pm »
I misinterpreted that question hard. Max I can get is four, and that's a stretch.

I feel bummed out.

What do you think you did wrong? I honestly don't think what I did was right either, mainly because I seem to be the only person who answered it that way...
HSC 2017:

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 08:20:32 pm »
What do you think you did wrong? I honestly don't think what I did was right either, mainly because I seem to be the only person who answered it that way...

Firstly, I only talked about Australian law as a hindrance and I didn't mention any contemporary issue. I thought it was in reference to refugees only, so I talked about Australia breaking the humanitarian trend the EU has created by their acceptance of refugees on the premise of 'right to seek asylum' but is within their rights due to state sovereignty, which is also expressed throughout the United Nations.

Anfar3

• Trailblazer
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 08:26:25 pm »
I pretty much only wrote about my contemp issue - asylum seekers and refugees. Am i limited in gaining 6-7 out of 7?

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 08:27:47 pm »
I pretty much only wrote about my contemp issue - asylum seekers and refugees. Am i limited in gaining 6-7 out of 7?

Nah, you seem to have got the hint.

However, other than my little blunder with the seven marker and a handful of dodgy MC, I think I did fairly well for the rest - just hoping to maintain rank or remain top five by the end of it.

Anfar3

• Trailblazer
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 08:30:53 pm »
Can u honestly pm me some of the mcq answers i got so many dodgy answers like wtf was q20. I hated the mcq so much i rlly wanted to get 17+ but itll be probs 15 maybe even less if i get super unlucky
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:34:10 pm by Anfar3 »

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 08:33:47 pm »
+1
Can u honestly pm me some of the mcq answers i got so many dodgy answers like wtf was q20

I don't remember what the question was. Feel free to PM and I can give you what I said and why?

Yeah i'm pretty sure the question was heavily geared towards people who studied that issue. I don't think you would be limited, as long as you linked it back to the actual question - remember it wasn't actually asking about contemporary issues
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:40:55 pm by rodero »
HSC 2017:

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 08:50:28 pm »
Rodero, bearing in mind how I responded to it, what do you think?

Bubbly_bluey

• Trendsetter
  • Just Floating By :)
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 08:57:35 pm »
I don't remember what the question was. Feel free to PM and I can give you what I said and why?

Yeah i'm pretty sure the question was heavily geared towards people who studied that issue. I don't think you would be limited, as long as you linked it back to the actual question - remember it wasn't actually asking about contemporary issues
Can u PM q20 i forgot what it was

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 09:09:52 pm »
+1
Rodero, bearing in mind how I responded to it, what do you think?

In all honesty I feel like that's how we were supposed to answer the question. The only reason I used my knowledge of the contemporary issues was simply because I didn't know the content that you stated. Don't count me on this, but I'd say that you would score higher than you expect - you seem to know content that's relevant to that specific issue.

Mainly I talked about how they are denying peace rights - their right to be free from war or oppression. But then I used the Coalition part of the quote and said how Australia is not limited to merely passing laws on refugees, but they can also protect rights such as the right that 'no one shall be held in slavery or servitude' (UDHR Art 4). I then went into Australian measures to protect that right... Again, not sure if this is even correct but I interpreted the question in a broader sense, simply because I didn't actually know specific content
HSC 2017: