VCE Stuff > VTAC Discussion

question about prefs and uni offers ...

(1/1)

ninwa:
When unis make offers in January, how much does the order of preferences matter? Say if I got an ENTER which was enough to get me into my 10th preference (journalism at RMIT), would I get an offer for it or not because it's so far down? (it's also the only course at RMIT I applied for)

Collin Li:
This is how preferences work: VTAC will try to give your highest preference. Once you have an offer for some preference, all the preferences below it are discarded, because according to your preferences, you want that course more than the courses below it. This means that putting courses that require a higher ENTER than courses with a higher preference is useless (e.g: if you put Medicine 2nd, and Engineering 1st, your 2nd preference is never going to come to fruition, because if you made the entry requirements for Medicine, you would have been offered Engineering instead, since you prefer it more than Medicine).

Second and third round offers simply try to fit you into higher preferences. Once you get your first preference, you're out of the VTAC game. You need to make a special application if you decide you want an alternative course to your first preference.

BA22:
Yep, as coblin said

You can apply for an irregular offer in which you would be considered for courses lower on your list

*If you nominate DFEE places you can receive two offers

ninwa:
oh I see. thanks :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version