Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:06 pm

Author Topic: Love you AN <3  (Read 1452 times)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Love you AN <3
« on: December 30, 2018, 11:57:33 pm »
+29
Today is 2 years since I made an account on here.

It’s really weird to think about how things have changed since then. So much has changed. That was the end of year 10, I’d finished my first year 12 subject that year. I didn’t really care about school at that point. I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life (I still don’t really).

I don’t remember why I originally made an account – TBH it was probably to stalk people’s profiles or something like that lol. What I do remember is how awesome you all were (and still are). One of the first places I started posting was in the games threads and I immediately felt so welcomed (shoutout to insanipi for a lot of that).

I found a place where I could really be myself (which unfortunately included some of the really cringey posts I used to make, and still make ). But jokes aside, I really do think things would be really different now if I hadn’t ever made an account and started posting.

@Vox. I can’t really explain how grateful I am to you, but I’m going to try anyway. You’re a lot of the reason I’ve gotten so involved in the bio boards – and therefore a lot of the reason I’m so involved in the forums in general. Also ngl, I kinda enjoy arguing with you about politics lol.

One of the (many, many) things that I love about AN is how many people understand. I’ve seen that a lot in my journal – so thank you to everyone who offered me their advice and support, especially miniturtle, for your perspective and friendship <3

I’m going to be here all year next year if I try and explain how great you all are, but one last mention lol. @Nick thanks for your advice and encouragement, both this year and last (and the photos of Neville, more please).

It’s kind of strange watching new users come onto AN and start posting – kind of strange, but really, really awesome. I genuinely feel so privileged to be here, and have some role in your lives. I’m so excited to be able to see you develop as people over the next couple of years, and see you find your place in this community family. I hope VCE isn’t too horrible to you.

To everyone who’s helped me this year, whether you’re one of the people who have been here the whole time, or whether you’re one of the people who sent me last minute advice and encouragement, thank you so, so, so much.

This post doesn't even come close to conveying what I'm trying to make it convey, so accept this meme instead, and know that even though I haven't said it anywhere near often enough, I appreciate you all so, so much. You are all so important to me.
meme

Thanks for being so incredibly awesome y’all <3 <3

I was going to try and be really cool and post this at the exact time that would be 2 years, but due to an unforeseen incident involving my bike lights, I hadn’t actually finished writing it. I still managed to post it today though (just), so I’m counting that as a success :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:00:14 am by PhoenixxFire »
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: Love you AN &lt;3
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:12 am »
+13
You are a jewel of a person that AN is incredibly lucky to have. Thanks for being here, PhoenixxFire :D
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: Love you AN <3
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:25:58 am »
+11
We love you too PF!
(Speaking for all of us, I'm sure! ^-^ )
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 08:47:17 am »
+13
ATAR Notes is a lot better for having you!

Loved every word of that post.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 01:59:44 pm »
+13
Sweet, sweet Phoenixx.

I've only been on AN for one year and one month, and I cannot describe how much you have inspired me in my short time here.

You've always been here, lifting us up. Answering our questions. Soothing our anxieties while still struggling with your own. By being yourself here, you've inspired the same in many more. And by giving yourself, you've become a cornerstone in the foundation of innumerable student's educations and, well, self-confidence. Meeting you in real life was a lot like meeting a celebrity. Someone who can be a role model, an inspiration, a mother to biology students everywhere.

So, from the deepest depths of my heart and many others.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

We love you, love you, love you, and wish you a happy New Year. You deserve all the happiness coming your way.
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 09:43:47 pm »
+11
This was really lovely. Agree with the above x1000. You've been really fantastic these past two years and done so much to encourage and help others; it says a lot about you as a person.

PS: the Greens suck
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd