HSC Stuff > New South Wales Technical Score Discussion

A Great Video on the Calculation of the ATAR from your HSC Marks

(1/3) > >>

jamonwindeyer:
Just stumbled across this video on the Sydney Morning Herald's Facebook Page (someone confirm whether that link works lol), it does a brilliant job of explaining how your ATAR is calculated. A highly recommend spending a few minutes watching it! Feel free to ask any questions about it below ;D

Blissfulmelodii:
Ahh yes, I saw that a couple days ago. It's definitely been making the rounds on facebook. Such a good video and it really breaks down the process well in an easy to understand manner. I particularly found the part about the average being shifted to correspond with other subjects interesting as I hadn't really thought about it in that manner

FallonXay:

--- Quote from: jamonwindeyer on December 10, 2016, 05:52:31 pm ---Just stumbled across this video on the Sydney Morning Herald's Facebook Page (someone confirm whether that link works lol), it does a brilliant job of explaining how your ATAR is calculated. A highly recommend spending a few minutes watching it! Feel free to ask any questions about it below ;D

--- End quote ---

Yep. Link works~
nice find.

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: Blissfulmelodii on December 10, 2016, 05:59:59 pm ---Ahh yes, I saw that a couple days ago. It's definitely been making the rounds on facebook. Such a good video and it really breaks down the process well in an easy to understand manner. I particularly found the part about the average being shifted to correspond with other subjects interesting as I hadn't really thought about it in that manner

--- End quote ---

It's genuinely one of the best explanations of the concept I've ever seen, particularly for students who might not have much experience with basic statistics.

Yeah the matching of averages is interesting! I wrote in my guide on scaling that it is kind of like a massive set of simultaneous equations, which is what it sort of is ;)

--- Quote from: FallonXay on December 10, 2016, 06:00:30 pm ---Yep. Link works~
nice find.

--- End quote ---

Tah! ;D

Blissfulmelodii:

--- Quote from: jamonwindeyer on December 10, 2016, 06:02:11 pm ---It's genuinely one of the best explanations of the concept I've ever seen, particularly for students who might not have much experience with basic statistics.

Yeah the matching of averages is interesting! I wrote in my guide on scaling that it is kind of like a massive set of simultaneous equations, which is what it sort of is ;)

--- End quote ---

Haha but for those who didn't/don't mathematics that may be hard to picture  ;)  It was a great visual honestly. Loved the analogy with the apples lol.
Can not believe that the results will be out in 5/6 days...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version