Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:44:35 am

Author Topic: Drop Business or Entertainment Vet????? pls help me  (Read 594 times)  Share 

olivialockestevens

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Drop Business or Entertainment Vet????? pls help me
« on: September 18, 2019, 09:23:30 pm »
dislike them the same amount and both teachers are equally bad, buttttt i did surprisingly well in my business exam and assessments and am best in the class so should i stay since im naturally good at it?

im bad at essays and more of a science/maths person, but ent has SO much content and it terrifies me that if i stuff up the exam im stuffed cause theres no assessments

also, if someone could please kindly tell me what they think about entertainment and how hard is it to study for that would also be helpful

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +32
Re: Drop Business or Entertainment Vet????? pls help me
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:09:23 pm »
Hey!

So while I have very little idea about entertainment I can talk to you about business

Like you, I am much more of a science/maths person but I still love business. It is quite a simple subject actually, but you just need to know the content and how to apply it. I use to be horrible at writing essays but with hard work and constantly submitting them to teachers for feedback I actually improved so much. Doing well in business studies requires dedication, you can't always rely on it as a natural talent, put hard work in and marks will reward you.

The syllabus is your bible, it tells you everything that can ever be in an exam so if you pursue the subject always keep the syllabus with you. Also with business you have chances for personal research through case studies, you can look up businesses you love and see how they are so successful and then write about them in essays, it definitely keeps things more interesting considering business can be very dry at times. 

Hope this helps! :)
HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

audreycat

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Drop Business or Entertainment Vet????? pls help me
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 08:42:11 pm »
I do both entertainment and business. I find that they actually work together pretty well, a lot of the time I can use the information from each subject together (eg. WHS)

I personally enjoy business a lot more, however, tend to do better in Entertainment since once you learn the main concepts it's pretty easy to do well. Whereas business is more about learning the syllabus.

I'm not sure if you have already made a decision, but id recommend to keep both since the one you do worse in wont count to the ATAR anyway.