Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:40:10 am

Author Topic: is this even legal?  (Read 695 times)  Share 

thaifriedrice

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
is this even legal?
« on: May 12, 2019, 09:39:14 pm »
So I went on my school calendar while procrastinating and apparently I have 3 FUCKING TRIAL EXAMS ON THE SAME DAY. If you haven't noticed I'm freaking the heck out. Not to mention theyre like the hardest of my subjects (English, which imma die at, Legal and PDHPE).
I know the title was a bit clickbait but omfg I'm freaking out
Is this normal???
I'm going to do so bad I know it
୧[ ˵ ͡ᵔ ͜ʟ ͡ᵔ ˵ ]୨ ~uwu

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: is this even legal?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 10:01:28 pm »
+6
So I went on my school calendar while procrastinating and apparently I have 3 FUCKING TRIAL EXAMS ON THE SAME DAY. If you haven't noticed I'm freaking the heck out. Not to mention theyre like the hardest of my subjects (English, which imma die at, Legal and PDHPE).
Is this normal???
It might be different for each school but in my experience, my school would let people move one of their practice exams if they had 3 on the same day.
If you're concerned about your ability to do well, have a chat to your year level coordinator to see what you can organise. Once they know about your worries, they'll be able to help you manage things :)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 10:07:56 pm »
+4
Is this normal???
I had 3 exams in one day once (although just trial exams so didn't count towards sacs so I wasn't too concerned). It wasn't actually the school's fault just bad luck I guess. Initially I think I was meant to have 2 exams on that day. However, for another exam, I had to reschedule since it clashed with my MUEP exam and the only day they could put it on was the day I had those 2 exams.

Definitely, have a talk with your vce coordinator if you feel like it will be an issue - even VCAA does make some changes if anyone has 3 exams in the day (e.g. more breaks/ extra time/derived study scores).

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 10:09:22 pm »
+3
Is this normal???
Hey there,

The Trials timetable is always annoying. Last year, they put 2U math and Modern on the same day (it's always been this way) and physics and Society & Culture clashed on another day. Your Curriculum coordinator should be speaking to you about how they're gonna schedule this. If not, ask them about this in advance so you're not running all over the place on the day of your exams.

And remember, teachers are encouraged to mark generously for Trial exams! They know that you haven't had much time to prepare for exams and all your exams are crammed into two weeks. Your HSC exams are (hopefully) a lot more spaced out than Trials. Plus, even if you don't do so well in Trials your marks are going to be scaled so it's not going to impact your HSC marks too much. Trust me, this is coming from someone who barely scraped a pass in maths (like 50-60% throughout the year) and somehow managed to score an 80 in internals!

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 04:26:37 am »
Hey there! Several people above have mentioned this and I probably am repeating some of their points, but it is due to timetable clashes and the popularity of the subjects. Content-heavy subjects always seem to be together, and for someone who did pretty much all content heavy subjects (Bio, Chem, Econ, Maths, English), it was a horrible experience to have 2 exams in the same day, let alone one in the afternoon and one in the morning after.

What it ultimately boils down to is your study schedule and your stress levels. Make sure that you have regular breaks (if you prefer them), that your study time is actually study time (no distractions, use a variety of methods to drill the content in your head), exercise (helps with stress levels due to endorphins pumping through your blood), healthy eating, etc. There are a variety of dedicated articles here as well which I'll link when I find them. Consistent study throughout the year, and taking a relaxed approach the week before (not cramming, though that works for some students, it doesn't for others due to increased stress) but taking it easy in terms of studying.

Hope this helps! :)
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?