Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 05:04:08 pm

Author Topic: Society and Culture Scaling  (Read 4512 times)  Share 

matea01

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Society and Culture Scaling
« on: April 26, 2021, 10:36:54 am »
Hi everyone,

If anyone here has finished their HSC with a band 6 in Society and Culture, could you please let me know how it scaled??

Clearly, it's not Maths or Chemistry and I'm scared that because I chose this subject, my atar goal of 90 can just go down the drain.
[I do all HSIE subjects, so scaling is a big thing for me].

For context, my class is a poor cohort, academically. Most of them are doing non-atar and couldn't care less about doing well in school. My teacher is also super disorganised and I haven't learnt anything from her for the past year and a half, so I'm totally dependant on self teaching myself with the internet essentially.

The thing is though, there are a couple of students that can do better than me. At this point I'm not ranking first so I can't rely on my rank either.

At the end of year 11 I ranked third and didn't do awfully bad in any of the assessments, however I got a cumulative assessment mark of 80, which holds down my atar considerably as S&C is a poor scaling subject. Is this because my cohort dragged me down, or the subject itself, or my rank or perhaps just individual performance???

Could anyone who has gotten a band 6 in Society and Culture, who didn't rank first or had a poor cohort let me know how it scaled and how well they had to do in assessments and the final exam, because otherwise I'll just drop the subject.

I'd really appreciate responses from people who've had experience. Thanks guys!!!