Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:28:52 am

Author Topic: Selective School Test Q&A Thread  (Read 77187 times)  Share 

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Re: Selective School Test Q&A Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2021, 05:17:15 pm »
+1
Hi,

The exam date has now been confirmed - it is on the 13th and 14th of September at Melbourne Showgrounds. On the actual exam day, what time does the exam start (like 9 or 10 am in the morning or is it in the afternoon)? Also, is the exam marked as a percentage on average, or on superiors, or on your overall score out of 220 (60 each for 2 tests and 50 for the other two)?

Thanks,

November? Well, it's around 12:00pm most likely and is marked based on percentages of the where you are in the cohort. By this, I mean that if you are in the top 11%, you get a superior, and if you are in the next 12%, you get an above average, etc.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2021, 04:54:12 pm »
Hi, I also got my marks back for the test based on Sup, AA, HA etc. I did alright, got 2 superiors (VR and NR), 1 AA (Maths) and 1 HA (Reading). I read that you cant get any averages if you want to get in and I'm doing one more hendersons practice test, so hopefully I'll be able to get a minimum of 3 sups and a HA or 2 sups and AA in the other 2.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2021, 04:59:05 pm »
And for some reason, Hendersons says that a superior is the top 33.3% and the AA is the top 50%, but I converted it to the 11% and next 12% etc. Has anyone else done a hendersons mock?

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2021, 05:30:37 pm »
November? Well, it's around 12:00pm most likely and is marked based on percentages of the where you are in the cohort. By this, I mean that if you are in the top 11%, you get a superior, and if you are in the next 12%, you get an above average, etc.
My dad called the selective people, they said that there are 4 slots:
Sat. morning
Sat. afternoon
Sun. morning
Sun. afternoon

Don't know what to make of that

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2021, 08:12:49 pm »
You can choose when you want to go? I thought it was just 2 days morning and it’s based on some order - alphabetical or randomised to select the day when you go. And also, since the exam is on 2 different days, will the papers for each day be different? Otherwise you can just ask your friends who might have gone before you (though they probably won’t tell how it was).

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2021, 10:34:38 am »
You can choose when you want to go? I thought it was just 2 days morning and it’s based on some order - alphabetical or randomised to select the day when you go. And also, since the exam is on 2 different days, will the papers for each day be different? Otherwise you can just ask your friends who might have gone before you (though they probably won’t tell how it was).

Ngl, I think the papers were the same cause people discussed answers after the test last year and several were the same apparently. They do it based on your current's school location from what I heard although I am not sure. I know that you definitely cannot pick when you want to go since they know most people would pick the 2nd day.

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2021, 12:47:01 pm »
You don't get to pick which time slot you are in.

On the topic of different test papers, I remember seeing a post where a person talked about the exam after he sat it (I don't think (s)he realised that people who didn't sit the exam were likely to find it).

Not sure if they scramble the papers. That might create issues where some papers are easier/harder than others (even if its just a little bit). The general concepts of each exam remains the same year after year though.

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2021, 04:56:42 pm »
Well, they sent out the exam info. My exam is on the 14th. Counting down the days until this is over.

It's funny how emotions change. My determination and even will to enter fluctuated a lot throughout the year. In the most recent lockdowns, I was crying with joy when they announced the extensions because I had more time to study. Now, I really just want to sit the exam and get it over with. The more the exam gets pushed back, the more confident I get while my feeling of dread grows. I was reading a thread about people who failed, and I completely understand how they are feeling. What if I fail after getting an extra 5 months to revise?

Rant over. I wish everybody the best of luck in the exam. Pi made a great post on what to revise last minute: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=155074.0

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2021, 06:22:37 pm »
I'm on the 13th and 11am, Royal Café - Building 5. I am also waiting for the exam to come by and finally finish - I have three more practice exams left, trying to get 90% in all of them. When do the results come now, the department of education didn't say it on their exam information pack?

JZou276

• Trailblazer
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2021, 08:44:38 pm »
I'm on the 13th and 11am, Royal Café - Building 5. I am also waiting for the exam to come by and finally finish - I have three more practice exams left, trying to get 90% in all of them. When do the results come now, the department of education didn't say it on their exam information pack?
it will take around a month, I remember last year it was like the second last week of school. Also big rip, because the cafe is the worse room it has a fridge that makes that stupid buzzing noises every now and then and it pissed me off during the test.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2021, 10:59:51 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am also giving the test on 14 November (morning).
Does anyone have any last-minute tips? Also, will the exam paper be the same for everyone? Wouldn't people tell their friends some questions if they're giving it after them?

:D

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2021, 01:23:48 am »
Hopefully they would have replaced the fridge by now or got a new one, but if not I could ask them to do something about it? I think the exams are the same on both days  :D

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2021, 10:52:33 am »
Are you giving the test too?? What day?
My friend and I got a seat next to each other lol
Wait, people can cheat now if the test is the same 

JZou276

• Trailblazer
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2021, 03:50:59 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am also giving the test on 14 November (morning).
Does anyone have any last-minute tips? Also, will the exam paper be the same for everyone? Wouldn't people tell their friends some questions if they're giving it after them?

:D

the working out paper is the back of the answer sheet which is a pain, also fill in every question even if they person says pencils down at the end

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2021, 06:45:59 pm »
ty for the tip :)
I've actually been telling myself to fill in C for all answers that I am not sure of when there are only 3 minutes left so that I don't leave any questions.