Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:19:13 am

Author Topic: Bachelor Biomedical Sciences (Medical) and UniMelb Doctor of Medicine (Rural)  (Read 2073 times)  Share 

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
Hi everyone

It's a bit of a long shot since this board is so quiet, but does anyone have any information on this new course starting in 2019?
From what I'm reading, it sounds like a place in Melbounre Uni's new MD (Rural) program in Shepparton is guaranteed with completion of this undergrad degree with a 75 WAM.
Can anyone confirm if that's so?
There is also two entries for it on VTAC - one for Bendigo and one for Albury-Wodonga. Is it just a difference in campus?

Any information would be appreciated! Thanks
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
From what I understand, if you make it into the undergraduate course, it’s pretty much like any other provisional entry scheme that a few other Australian med schools have, just having a WAM requirement on completion of the degree.

They have two different campuses, although with the Albury-Wondonga campus, you have to do anatomy lab in blocks by travelling and staying at the Bendigo campus.
UAdel MBBS

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
From what I understand, if you make it into the undergraduate course, it’s pretty much like any other provisional entry scheme that a few other Australian med schools have, just having a WAM requirement on completion of the degree.

They have two different campuses, although with the Albury-Wondonga campus, you have to do anatomy lab in blocks by travelling and staying at the Bendigo campus.
Thanks so much for the reply! I see. A little less appealing than what I had hoped, but well...
If anyone else comes across this thread, a talked to a representative from La Trobe through their Live Chat function. Apparently there will be about 20 places for the undergraduate course itself, with the proportion of students carrying onto the MD 'dependent on the calibre of the students'.
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?