Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 08:00:40 pm

Author Topic: Why should I pick Software Design and Development?  (Read 1385 times)  Share 

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Why should I pick Software Design and Development?
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:55:32 pm »
+8
WHY SHOULD I PICK SDD?

It’s got computers so it must be good, right? Why should I choose Software Design and Development? What kind of courses could be good if I choose Software Design and Development? Well, being a 2017 graduate, I’m here to, at least make you consider, explain why SDD is such a great subject to dabble in.

Society is becoming more technologically advanced!

First off, society is ever changing - we’ve grown exponentially to a more technologically advanced world with the emergence of social media, smartphones, and other electronic devices. Software Design and Development focuses on these new emerging technologies and how they affect the world - wow, so relatable!

Becoming aware of changes in society will allow you to make changes to your lifestyle so that you’re more comfortable with the change. Software Design and Development aims to enhance that. Isn’t that such a great thing?!?!

What happens if you use technology incorrectly!?

You’ll also be learning the core fundamentals every developer and user should be aware of, as well as the repercussions of using technology incorrectly. It will build on your problem solving skills so that you can apply it not only just the course, but for everyday tasks. It opens your mind so you can become a more logical person in your everyday world.

Great segway for computing-based courses at university!

If you’re looking into a computing course in university, Software Design and Development is a great segway to the course at university. Learning the course in high school will put you in such a great place over your peers because you’ve already been exposed to it in great detail.

Learning a new language is always a great hobby!

No doubt! You’ll be learning a brand new language throughout the year, so if you’re interested in learning the physical programming of a software, like games, music players, etc., learning Software Design and Development is the perfect subject for you! You’ll be exposed to the hardships, the satisfaction, and the thrill of learning a new programming language, and all of those times where you’re sweating away at your mathematics questions is nothing compared to what a program can do!!

Further to this, there are many great opportunities outside of school, many of which earn big bucks! Society nowadays need computer scientists and engineers, so give it a shot if you’re feeling like you’re interested in a computing degree at university.

Is this the right course for me?

If you’re looking into a computing degree, including Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Advanced Computing, Computational Science, Mechatronics, etc., then this course is definitely perfect for you. It provides a great introduction into the world of computing that you’ll be exposed to in any of these degrees.

No doubt though - Software Design and Development is a demanding subject, but it’s an enjoyable subject that I think everyone should consider. You’ll have a major work which is to make a software; you can choose any language you wish. If you’re not too sure if it’s the right subject for you, then feel free to ask any question you wish! If you have any questions you would like to ask a State Ranker, you can drop your questions below as well, and I hope to meet many new faces on the board soon!

To post a question, you will need to log in to your account or register an account!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:42:22 am by Opengangs »