Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:11 pm

Author Topic: Civil Engineering  (Read 7275 times)  Share 

Nialllovespie

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Civil Engineering
« on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:10 pm »
Sydney University or UNSW?

Sydney is easy for me to transport to but many people say UNSW is a better University.
Is it worth going to USYD for the convenience or should I go to UNSW for quality/reputation of the degree?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Civil Engineering
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:30:58 pm »
+1
Sydney University or UNSW?

Sydney is easy for me to transport to but many people say UNSW is a better University.
Is it worth going to USYD for the convenience or should I go to UNSW for quality/reputation of the degree?

Based purely on those factors, USYD for the convenience. If you have absolutely no preference on the uni itself (vibes, food, etc) and you are happy with the study design of both, then supposed prestige shouldn't play a role. Especially for USYD and UNSW; both are fantastic institutions! You should do some serious research into the nature of their programs, the amount of industry experience, the facilities, the academic credentials of the staff, that sort of stuff. If that still yields a tie, then go to USYD, but don't go to UNSW just because you 'heard' it was better ;D

I go to UNSW, and it is a fabulous uni, but going on hearsay isn't an informed decision ;D

Hopefully someone doing Civil at either (or maybe who has an insight based on their own research) could give some extra info! ;D

Nialllovespie

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Civil Engineering
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 08:51:46 pm »
That's trueeeee!! Thanks for your advice!!