Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:39:29 am

Author Topic: CSSA SOR Paper!  (Read 5476 times)  Share 

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
CSSA SOR Paper!
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:20:01 pm »
+1
Sooo....how did we all go?

Papers were required to be held until today (Thursday 17th) so we can now chat about the questions and the approaches we took. However, please do not share copies of the exam or anything similar!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:02:01 pm by jamonwindeyer »
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: CSSA SOR Paper!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 01:37:56 pm »
+1
As I said MC was pretty easy, getting a bit harder with the last three questions. The short answer, while on of the areas I didn't prepare as much for, was pretty easy and I was able to recall my info anyway. Short answers were very kind, nothing too tricky there and essay was a hard one in terms of the focus but luckily you guys prepared me well :) Unfortunately had a muddle up handing all the wrong papers into the wrong sections  8) 8) Was trying to be environmentally conscious by doing my additional writing space for the 5 marker from section 1 and 8 marker from section 2 on the same booklet clearly marked out. then got confused what to hand in because i should have separated them and handed section 2 and the MC into section 1 and section 1 at the end haha good lesson for me to not care about the environment next time
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:53:56 pm »
I did alright. MC wasn't too bad but there were some that were a bit tricky. Short answers were okay but I think for the eight I didn't incorporate enough terminology. Essay was pretty good, my stuff on marriage was really on point but bioethics was a little iffy, especially because I spent five-ten minutes stressing over how to answer it.

Overall, it actually wasn't too bad.

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:32:41 pm »
Misread the first question in the short answers and therefore the follow-up question. Wrote the wrong thing for both traditions then had to cross four whole answers out and start again. Wasted so much time doing this and then I stressed in the essays and had to write the most basic responses even though I knew so much more. Exam ended up getting the better of me, fortunately, it was only worth 25% so my rank hopefully won't go down too much.

maria1999

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 04:37:38 pm »
hey!
Our teacher already warned us that the multiple choice was gonna mess around with us a bit and he was sooo right. Some were easy but so confusing. Question 11 I thought was very fair, a straight syllabus dot point. Short answer was also bog standard.
The essay tho.
I think that it was really open to interpretation because so many different people answered it in so many different ways but I feel like if you supported your perspective it would be okay? I honestly have no idea, but I haven't had the greatest run of exams (shout out to legal  :-[) and I felt the most confident walking out of this one.
All the best for the rest of your exams guys!

CaitlinSavins

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 04:49:50 pm »
I thought the exam was challenging, but a good level of challenging. I did have to really read a few of the multiple choice questions, and I'm still not 100% sure on maybe one or two of them. Question 11 was pretty good, considering I'd revised that thing before the exam. I did the exam so that I wouldn't have to talk about my personality for Islam because I hate him, and have 0 notes on him.

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 05:17:56 pm »
hey!
Our teacher already warned us that the multiple choice was gonna mess around with us a bit and he was sooo right. Some were easy but so confusing. Question 11 I thought was very fair, a straight syllabus dot point. Short answer was also bog standard.
The essay tho.
I think that it was really open to interpretation because so many different people answered it in so many different ways but I feel like if you supported your perspective it would be okay? I honestly have no idea, but I haven't had the greatest run of exams (shout out to legal  :-[) and I felt the most confident walking out of this one.
All the best for the rest of your exams guys!

I thought it was dependent on interpretation and justification as well but it turns out there's a stock standard way to approach it :L

Bubbly_bluey

• Trendsetter
  • Just Floating By :)
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 05:25:51 pm »
misinterpret the question for both section 2 and 3. (i'm not surprised) I didn't realise i had to add in another aspect in my judaism until I had filled up all the lines given. So i just finished off as it was and hope i could return to it after the essay. The same thing happened again for the essay... but i manage to get a page or two on the second aspect.
By that time i couldn't get back to section 2.
what a day.  8)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 05:36:13 pm »
A real spread of opinions here! Hopefully the feedback from the exam will be enough to point you back in the right direction for HSC - only upwards from here!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

maria1999

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 09:04:24 pm »
I thought it was dependent on interpretation and justification as well but it turns out there's a stock standard way to approach it :L

what actually?! I honestly had no idea that this aspect of the syllabus existed.

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 12:54:56 pm »
Did anyone else find this papers multi choice questions really difficult.

The overall questions wearnt that hard but the options for the questions i found to be really hard compared to HSC Papers

Did anyone else feel the same

angelahchan

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 10:18:19 am »
Did anyone else find this papers multi choice questions really difficult.

The overall questions wearnt that hard but the options for the questions i found to be really hard compared to HSC Papers

Did anyone else feel the same
I found multi choice easy, but what do you mean by options for questions? i do SOR 1 and I found the essay question the hardest cuz i didn't understand it at the time