Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:04:06 pm

Author Topic: Religion and Peace Help!!!  (Read 1817 times)  Share 

gh971

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Religion and Peace Help!!!
« on: July 20, 2017, 07:39:27 am »
Hey atar notes,
Religion is usually my best subject, however, we just recieve marks back for a religion and peace essay and I didn't do nearly as well as I wanted to. I was just wondering if you could please help me on where I should go from now?! I'm quickly loosing motivation and resilience is definitely easier said than done ???  ??? ???
Do you have any tips and tricks on how to tackle religion and peace (specifically for Christianity and Islam)?
Thanks so much!!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Religion and Peace Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:03:59 am »
Hey atar notes,
Religion is usually my best subject, however, we just recieve marks back for a religion and peace essay and I didn't do nearly as well as I wanted to. I was just wondering if you could please help me on where I should go from now?! I'm quickly loosing motivation and resilience is definitely easier said than done ???  ??? ???
Do you have any tips and tricks on how to tackle religion and peace (specifically for Christianity and Islam)?
Thanks so much!!

Hey Grace! I'm happy to hear you do so well in SOR usually, but I'm sorry you're bummed about these latest results! What was the criticism from your teacher? That will be the best guide for: where to from here!?

If it's about your content - then you need to knuckle down on the sources of peace, the doctrines of peace, the expressions, etc. It's about making sure your notes are detailed and unique to set you away from other students in a stellar stride. However, if it's about your expression, then maybe it's best to work on essay writing or essay plans. If it's in your linguistic expression, then practice responses will help you improve the way you are communicating your ideas. But perhaps the problem lies in the structure of your response, so you're not clearly conveying all of the information you've got stored up there!

Let me know what your teacher's feedback was and we can set up a plan from there :) Alternatively, if you haven't got feedback, ask your teacher what he or she would have liked to have seen from you in order to gain full marks, then we can chat about that :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

gh971

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Religion and Peace Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:21:56 pm »
Hi Elyse thank you so much for offering to help!!

I haven't had the chance to go through the essay with my teacher however the marking comments mainly say "explain in more detail". What do they mean by detail?? I went to your religion lecture in the holidays (it was brilliant!!) and I remember you mentioning how you sort of word vomitted in your trial exam essay, which I think is what I did. Re-reading the essay I think I just wrote everything I knew without succinct structure or conveying my actual understanding. Does that make any sense?

I think to move forward I definitely want to go through it with my teacher, revise the content (especially Islam and peace) and then practice writing essays using a plan.

I may have just answered my own question sorry :D Do you have any other tips or tricks??