Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:47:24 pm

Author Topic: Slow&Steady's Interim Aspirations  (Read 13497 times)

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
Re: Slow&Steady's Interim Aspirations
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 10:07:48 pm »
+5
24/07, Day 6

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:15PM - 6:34AM

30 minutes of piano practice - My lesson was today, which went for an hour. A fair bit of time was spent going over the work my teacher set me so I think that could count as revision.

Do some reading 8) - Read a few more chapters. I wish I had the hard copy book, but I'm too lazy to borrow it from the library.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Check.

Revise content of classes – Read over my Humanities notes, brainstormed words for my English glossary and did some Spanish questions online.

Help out around the house more often – Dog walk & dishes, the classic combination.

Starting my maths assignment tomorrow and I'm praying that I don't leave it until the last minute again.
Hasta luego.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:09:21 pm by SlowandSteady »
QCE Class of 2023 :D

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 10:19:51 pm »
+2
25/07, Day 7

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10ishPM (Can't remember ::))- 6:32AM

30 minutes of piano practice - Practiced some chord progressions & attempted some of next week's songs.

Do some reading 8) - Read 4 more chapters.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets (:() – Dad came home with a bag of liquorice... I'd be betraying him if I didn't have some... Right...?

Revise content of classes – Not so much 'revising', but completed english & hums homework due tomorrow and worked a bit on my maths assignment.

Help out around the house more often – Gave Ned an exercise in the yard with his teddy/prey.

I feel like I could get a lot more done if I just used my time better. When I have responsibilities, I tend to defer them to the last second before doing anything productive. I really need to give this habit a good old kick in the pants.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 12:02:01 am »
+4
26/07, Day 8

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:30PM-7AM

30 minutes of piano practice (:() - Nope.

Do some reading 8) - Read a bit more.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets (:() – No sweets at all... (proceeds to curl up in bed with a box of Shapes)

Revise content of classes – Did heaps of Spanish questions because I was bored. Nothing else, though.

Help out around the house more often (:() – Nope.
It's Friday night. I didn't need to do anything. I didn't feel like doing anything. I didn't do anything. I need some sleep. Time to resort to the much-loved mentality of "I'll try hard tomorrow".

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 09:34:55 pm »
+3
27/07, Day 9

Get at least 8 hours of sleep (???) - Midnightish-9AM

30 minutes of piano practice - Yep.

Do some reading 8) - Planned to read for half an hour but it ended up being an hour because things were getting intense :o.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Nothing today (unless you count the scoop of ice-cream I put in my banana milkshake :P).

Revise content of classes - Added 16 words to describe teenagers to my English Glossary, one of which being rambunctious. Made some flashcards on Quizlet with terms and definitions for humanities. Also smashed out a few Spanish Q's.

Help out around the house more often – Did the laundry and didn't really need to do anything else. I woke up late to find that the dog had already been walked.

I feel that today was actually really cool! I actually got more done than I was planning to. Feeling sleepy so I'll doze off at a good time (way better than midnight :o).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 06:17:56 pm by SlowandSteady »

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 10:14:46 pm »
+1
28/07, Day 10

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 11:30PM-9AM

30 minutes of piano practice - Couldn't be bothered.

Do some reading 8) - Finished my book so I'm waiting to reserve the next one.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Made brownies today. I need not say more.

Revise content of classes - There was no set homework and I just couldn't muster up enough willpower to do anything that wasn't needed.

Help out around the house more often – Exercised the dog.

Pretty much just took a break and read most of the day. Not ashamed of the fact that I spent the majority of the day in my pajamas, but damn, I need some hobbies that get me out and about :P.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 11:15:03 pm »
+2
29/07, Day 11

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:30PM-6:30AM

30 minutes of piano practice - Yep. Pretty much have all the songs for next lesson down pat.

Do some reading 8) - The wait for this book is agonising. I might have to order the next one in the series, read the eBook of the second one and hope by the time I'm done it's available for hard copy.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Check

Revise content of classes - Worked a bit on my maths assignment. Going to get some more done tomorrow morning.

Help out around the house more often – Gave Ned a run in the backyard with the tennis ball.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 06:12:32 am »
+1
Help out around the house more often – Gave Ned a run in the backyard with the tennis ball.

Sounds like helping around the house has been good for you too! I feel like exercise would be so much more fun if I had a dog to do it with!

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 10:08:23 pm »
+4
30/07, Day 12

Get at least 8 hours of sleep (:() - 11:30PM-7:30AM. Really bad. Need to go to sleep around now if I want to get consistent with timing.

30 minutes of piano practice - Check. Ready for tomorrow's lesson.

Do some reading 8) - Dang it, I'll borrow the eBook tomorrow. Just realised that there are already THREE holds on the book I want before mine, so there's no chance I'll be getting it anytime soon.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Yep.

Revise content of classes - Went to the library after school and got a huge chunk of my maths assignment finished. On track to complete it early.

Help out around the house more often – Did a load of washing, some dishes and cleaned my room.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 10:38:23 pm »
+6
31/07, Day 13

Get at least 8 hours of sleep (:() - 11PM-7:10AM. Slowly getting better.

30 minutes of piano practice - Had the lesson on today

Do some reading 8) - Read about 4 chapters.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Tick.

Revise content of classes - Did some spanish content to try and make a speech for the languages competition (nothing I need for it has been taught yet ???).

Help out around the house more often – Put off walking the dog until later in the afternoon, so I came home slapping mosquito bites like a lunatic.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 11:39:49 pm »
+7
01/08 (woo), Day 14

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:45PM-6:50AM. Really need to take charge of maintaining more positive sleep patterns. The seconds just seem to tick away so much faster when watching Youtube, so I've blocked it.

30 minutes of piano practice - Nope.

Do some reading 8) - Read 2 chapters

Revise content of classes - Nah.

Help out around the house more often – Did 2 loads of laundry and nothing else.

I came home exhausted, flopped on my bed and decided not to get up. I have to work on really getting consistent with chores and revision by setting myself more specific tasks (I'll make to-do lists, I guess). I REALLY should work on sleep by just finishing what I need to do earlier, so I can get off the computer around half an hour before bed.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2019, 10:29:50 pm »
+4
02/08, Day 15

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 11:50PM-7:40AM. Getting up really late, I still decided to have a good breakfast. Ended up gassing it on my bike for 3kms faster than I ever had before as a result of that. It was 8:50. Bell rang at 8:55. Roll marked some point near then. I made it in time and I was pretty chuffed with myself setting a personal record.

30 minutes of piano practice - Yep. Had to make a really simple composition and learn the blues scale. Also started doing chord inversions so that's cool (gone are the days where I have to move my hand way too far to reach a chord 8)).

Do some reading 8) - Just can't squeeze enough time in to read atm if I want to get to bet at 10:30. Definitely get onto that one tomorrow.

Revise content of classes - Made a list of words / phrases I needed to practice for Spanish. Started working on a bibliography for English sources on teenage brain development.

Help out around the house more often – Playtime with the dog was tragically cut short as a result of the tennis ball going over the fence. Also did the dishes which I let pile up way too far.

It's time to hit the sack.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 10:12:18 pm »
+4
03/08, Day 16

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:30PM-9:00AM. On the weekend, there's just no sense of urgency to get up early. Getting to sleep after this post and setting an alarm for 6. Hopefully I'll have enough willpower in the morning to roll my self out of bed and into a shower so I can stay awake.

30 minutes of piano practice - Check. Did some improvisation with the blues scale which was fun. Practised some more chord inversions so now it's way easier to focus on my right hand while playing. Afterwards I just messed around with the instrument settings (Tenor Sax. & Overdrive Guitar are my favs <3).

Do some reading 8) - Did a HEAP of reading today and I'm about two thirds into my book..

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – I was at the corner store and saw a small bag of my favourite chocolates. Take a wild guess at what happened ;).

Revise content of classes - Found links between my research and the show we had to watch for English. Added definitions / methods to my Geography flashcards.

Help out around the house more often – All I managed was a load of washing up. I need to pick up some slack.

I've got tomorrow all planned out and I'm going to have a super productive day. Hell yeah.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 10:53:02 pm »
+4
I've got I had tomorrow all planned out and I'm I was going to have a super productive day. Hell yeah naw.
04/08, Day 17
You see, the thing that slipped my mind was that the Lions were having a home match, so I had to get on a train at about 2PM (before I got anything done) so I could make it. Had a great time (carn the Lions), but I sort of regret wasting my early morning.

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:20PM-6:30AM. Pretty happy with this, although I'll need to sleep in a bit more tomorrow to get adequate snooze.

30 minutes of piano practice - Nope

Do some reading 8) - Spent the majority of the morning in bed reading and I finished off my book. Hurrah for literature and its ability to transform me into a hermit for a number of hours.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Footy food. Or at least popping into the Coles next to the ground to get footy food. Either way, it wasn't the most nutritious stuff.

Revise content of classes - No. See what I did there: I said no in Spanish. That will be all the schoolwork I've completed today.

Help out around the house more often – Walked the dog early in the morning.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 10:34:00 pm »
+2
05/08, Day 18

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 11:00PM-7AM.

30 minutes of piano practice -Did about 15 then just started to mess around.

Do some reading 8) - 3 chapters of the third book in the series  (I'm well and truly hooked :)))

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Yep.

Revise content of classes - Went to the library to work on my Spanish speech and ended up finishing it, so I'm happy.

Help out around the house more often – Got home at around 5PM so there was no time to walk the dog, but I did a load of dishes.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 10:10:59 pm »
+3
06/08, Day 19

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:40 - 7AM. Actually woke up a bit earlier, but my bed, in all its coziness, decided to keep me hostage for another half-hour.

30 minutes of piano practice - Yep. Learn't the song for tomorrow's lesson, did some improvisation with the blues scale (funky) and went through all the basics (scales, actually being able to read the music, etc.)

Do some reading 8) - Got a fair chunk done today. I'm giddy because I found a gold mine of hard-copy books from the same series at school, so that means less screen-time :)

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – I had a single chocolate button. Arrest me.

Revise content of classes - None tonight, but I'll update this with the work I complete early in the morning tomorrow.

Help out around the house more often – My thoughts regarding walking the dog: "I'll walk Ned today" ==> "My shoes are already off; I'll just exercise him in the yard later" ==> "It's 10PM. Why am I like this". I GUARANTEE that I'll walk him tomorrow and do a load of dishes.

Edit: Finished transferring maths assignment entirely to digital copy, worked on the report a bit more and wrote two topic sentences for my persuasive. The mornings are so much better.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:30:24 am by SlowandSteady »