Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:14:57 pm

Author Topic: Do I not pass this unit because i failed this one SAC?  (Read 12433 times)  Share 

Yr10Student

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Do I not pass this unit because i failed this one SAC?
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:53 pm »
1.2 Not Satisfactory VCE unit result
The student receives N for the unit when one or more of the outcomes are not achieved because:
• the work does not demonstrate achievement of the outcomes
• the student has failed to meet a school deadline for the assessment task, including if an extension of time has
been granted for any reason, including Special Provision
• the work cannot be authenticated
• there has been a substantial breach of rules, including school attendance rules.
The N result should be used for students who only partly complete work or whose attendance records breach school
rules.

I am 100% sure that i failed but, does that mean i cannot pass this unit? (unit 2 year 11)
im feeling very anxious please help!! i have a 100% attendance but i failed 'one' SAC.

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Re: Do I not pass this unit because i failed this one SAC?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 09:34:36 pm »
+1
Truths:
Failing one SAC generally isn't an issue - even if you fail the unit, that doesn't mean you can't move on to units 3/4.
Failing one unit doesn't mean you have to repeat - as long as you have passed 10 units for 1/2, you will pass year 11.
Even if you do fail a SAC, schools will often let you "re-sit", or do some other form of assessment, to prove that you are still capable.
Your scores for unit 1/2 subjects do not affect your ATAR in any way, shape or form.

Yr10Student

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: Do I not pass this unit because i failed this one SAC?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:03:58 pm »
THANK YOU SO MUCHIE