Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 03:34:57 am

Author Topic: Where to find Study Design resources? - "data protection and authentication"  (Read 771 times)  Share 

Jamdog

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hi there.
I've been going over my notes for SD, and noticed that in the study design they want us to know the following:
"security considerations influencing the design of solutions, including data protection and authentication"
However I can't  find any resources about the definition of data protection OR data authentication. Could anyone help me out?

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
Hey there Jamdog, welcome to the forums :),

I am doing Informatics not Software Development

I was going to link you to vceit.com, since the author has an amazing breakdown of most things in the Informatics course but I looked at the software development section and he is yet to complete those resources.

Is there anything in your textbook?

At a guess I would say the considerations influencing the design to do with authentication are things like having a login page that is encrypted before giving access to any sensitive data in the solution. And the considerations influencing the design to do with data protection are things like designing the solution un a way that it can be easily backed up.

I know that is very vague, sorry I can't be of more help.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:00:11 pm by technodisney »
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney