Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:42:37 am

Author Topic: How did everyone go ?  (Read 4170 times)  Share 

ryanlp1

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
How did everyone go ?
« on: November 13, 2009, 06:05:31 pm »
How did you find the exam ?
2009: Geography (41)
2010: English (41) , Mathematical Methods (36) , Further Mathematics (44) , French (33) , Economics (39)

ATAR - 96.4

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Re: How did everyone go ?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 10:39:56 pm »
Not bad, almost screwed myself over by evaluating the policy relating the conflict rather than the sustainability of the resource itself, but I fixed it up in the end, so no worries there.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

tripz

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:38 am »
Forgot to put the source on my desertification map ><

But otherwise I had 40 minutes to spare - great exam to finish VCE

Guy next to me with 5 minutes to go got his data booklet and turned it into a telescope and held his gaze at the clock for ages ROFL it was so hilarious

asdfr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 01:03:43 pm »
You know the question where it asked for a similarity and difference between the maps, would it matter what example you used?

Because for the similarity I used Central Africa, where 3 of the countries birth rate stayed the same. But there were many more obvious choices. Then for the difference I chose the northern parts of South America where the birth rates changed.

Is it ok if you don't choose to use the most obvious examples?

tripz

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 03:35:06 pm »
Yup (Y) it's all good

asdfr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 03:37:49 pm »
Phew, I thought they would only accept like the most obvious answers or something.

So for the similarities, you just had to point out a part of the world where the birth rate did not change. Then for the differences you just had to point out a country/countries where the birth rate did change? Was it really that simple?

tripz

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 03:54:07 pm »
Yeah, but the hard part is fully answering the question with the pattern and quantity. I don't think you needed to add exceptions...well I hope not nayway

asdfr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 04:00:14 pm »
I just said the overall pattern is uneven throughout the world, however the birth rates are predominant in Africa.

Then I just gave some more info on the countries in Africa which have similarities from 1984 to 2009. I would be surprised if you had to add exceptions. Ahh well I should still get some marks for it.

Come to think of it, that question was actually quite confusing. It asked for the overall pattern distribution, and a similarity and difference. Was it asking for specific locations or the overall pattern change through the world?

ryanlp1

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 04:03:19 pm »
What did you guys write for management strategy and spatial interaction at Paradise Beach ?
2009: Geography (41)
2010: English (41) , Mathematical Methods (36) , Further Mathematics (44) , French (33) , Economics (39)

ATAR - 96.4

asdfr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 04:06:52 pm »
Spatial Interaction I did the cars driving on the road, and parking in the car parks. Management strategy I think I did the shade structures that all the people were sitting under. That was another strange question, I only wrote one quick sentence for each annotation. It didn't really imply how much information it was asking for.

sucky

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 05:01:37 pm »
I did the stick fence thingy near the beach, I said it would stop litter.
Have no idea if that is right, but in the extra info it mentioned something about protecting litter from the beach.

asdfr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 05:11:05 pm »
It probably wouldn't be to stop litter, most likely to just prevent the people from going into a restricted area. However for some reason there was a big gap at the end of the fence which made it confusing. Who knows you could be right, there were heaps of answers which you could have put.

I just chose the easiest one, there were about 20 of those shade structures on the beach, they were pretty hard to miss haha.

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:25:32 pm »
If you read the data book, one of the management strategies was listed there.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

asdfr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 09:36:01 pm »
Yeah I read that, it said cleaning takes place everyday or something.

However there was no evidence from the photo of this, so you couldn't have really put that answer down as you had to annotate the diagram.

patster13

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 11:05:45 pm »
with the question regarding similarities and differences between birth rate distribution, could you just write two countries (such as Australia) instead of broader regions (e.g. Africa)?