Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:52 pm

Author Topic: Should I do extension 2 English  (Read 2133 times)  Share 

jakea540

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Should I do extension 2 English
« on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:08 am »
+1
Hi,

I am currently in my third term of year 11 and i'm doing 13 units, these include:

English Adv
English Ext1
Mathematics Adv
SOR 2
Modern History
Economics
Legal Studies (But I'm definitely dropping because I hate it)

Once I drop legal, I will only have 11 units which makes Ext 2 more appealing. I'm doing really well in Extension English and I am thoroughly enjoying it despite having an abysmal teacher. I am seriously considering Extension 2 because of my enjoyment for Extension one but I'm unsure that I have the work ethic to pick it up. What do you recommend?

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: Should I do extension 2 English
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 10:37:37 pm »
+1
If you already enjoy Ext 1 and are doing well in it, pick u ext 2! It's always better to start off with it and then drop it if you realize you don't want to do it in the future. You can never pick it up after if you decide not to do it, and you may regret your decision. So if you have the opportunity go for it imo.

PeriPeri101

• Trailblazer
  • dramatic at heart
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 07:40:29 pm »
+1
I definitely say go for it! If you are enjoying and going well at ext.1 then that is awesome! Ext. 2 will also help with your other subjects and usually it is a smaller class so you can make some close bonds with your class during your last year. Will your ext.2 teacher be the same as ext.1? I wanted to choose ext.1 english but it was on the same line as drama so I had to pick between the two
subjects - year 12 2020: Biology - Society and Culture - Drama - Advanced Mathematics - Advanced English - Studies of Religion

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:54:15 pm »
+1
Hi,

I am currently in my third term of year 11 and i'm doing 13 units, these include:

English Adv
English Ext1
Mathematics Adv
SOR 2
Modern History
Economics
Legal Studies (But I'm definitely dropping because I hate it)

Once I drop legal, I will only have 11 units which makes Ext 2 more appealing. I'm doing really well in Extension English and I am thoroughly enjoying it despite having an abysmal teacher. I am seriously considering Extension 2 because of my enjoyment for Extension one but I'm unsure that I have the work ethic to pick it up. What do you recommend?

Hey, jakea540!

Just adding on to the encouragement of both users above! I did Extension 2 English for my HSC and found it highly rewarding  :D If you really enjoy English and wish to pursue independent study in an area of your interest, it offers you the amazing opportunity to create your own Major Work! It's a huge commitment but it definitely is worth the investment. You can read about my review on the subject here to get a better idea of how I found the course  :) As mentioned, if you don't end up enjoying it, you can always drop it and you'll still be sitting on 11 units. Would be the better alternative than never giving it a shot and regretting long term  :) Do let us know if you end up picking it up!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

jakea540

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 06:25:03 pm »
+1
Will your ext.2 teacher be the same as ext.1? I wanted to choose ext.1 english but it was on the same line as drama so I had to pick between the two

Thank you guys so much for the replies! My extension 2 English teacher will be different which provides another reason to worry. I work fairly well under my current teacher and I have never had the Ext 2 teacher before, so I'm unsure.

It's a huge commitment but it definitely is worth the investment. Do let us know if you end up picking it up!

Yeah, that's my problem. I'm really bad at staying focused and self-motivation lmao, (not to sound up myself but) I know I can do it. It's just a matter of if I will find time to. I will let you know though :)