Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:32:42 pm

Author Topic: SEAS application  (Read 933 times)  Share 

LolYi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
SEAS application
« on: March 30, 2020, 03:04:03 pm »
+1
Hi there,
I just got my results back for my first two SACs( Bio and Chem), both horrible, by which I mean horrible horrible, one's in the 60s and one's in the 40s. Well, there goes my two 40+ subjects, so umm I might apply for something I'm avoiding, the SEAs application. According to my school counsellors, I am eligible for two of them in the most severe category, does anyone know how it works??

And btw, with a 44 in chem and 66 in bio for the first SAC, is it still possible to get a 40+ in them???

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: SEAS application
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 03:10:17 pm »
+7
Hey,

SEAS applications are processed differently by different unis/course etc. so it's very hard to say how much a SEAS application will increase your chances of getting in but if you're eligible it's generally worth doing. When you're asking how it works, do you mean in terms of making the application or how it influences admission?

And yes it's definitely still possible :)

From memory I got a similar score in one of my bio SACs and I got a 47 study score

LolYi

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 03:26:34 pm »
Hey,

SEAS applications are processed differently by different unis/course etc. so it's very hard to say how much a SEAS application will increase your chances of getting in but if you're eligible it's generally worth doing. When you're asking how it works, do you mean in terms of making the application or how it influences admission?

And yes it's definitely still possible :)

From memory I got a similar score in one of my bio SACs and I got a 47 study score

Yes, admission, like I know it's not actually atar but special consideration, I'm just trying to figure out how influential it is.....

Helish

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 03:39:13 pm »
Hey I've got a question. I come from a school which is considered underrepresented school for monash uni. I want to get into medicine through UCAT. Apparently the median atar is 99.15. I don't think I can get such a high score, if I apply for SEAS will a get in if I get an Atar of, lets say 96 If I pass the UCAT exam and the interview

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 04:06:12 pm »
+3
Hey I've got a question. I come from a school which is considered underrepresented school for monash uni. I want to get into medicine through UCAT. Apparently the median atar is 99.15. I don't think I can get such a high score, if I apply for SEAS will a get in if I get an Atar of, lets say 96 If I pass the UCAT exam and the interview
Depends on how disadvantaged SEAS infers you to be. Since you are from an underrepresented school you will get a boost on your ATAR but this could be bigger if you qualify for other SEAS categories such as disability/medical condition, financial disadvantage, difficult circumstances etc

No one can objectively say what your 96 would be adjusted to and thus whether you would be able to do certain courses though.