Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:56:37 pm

Author Topic: Bridging courses for chemistry?  (Read 2055 times)  Share 

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
Bridging courses for chemistry?
« on: March 07, 2019, 09:22:01 pm »
Hey guys so I'm currently in Yr12 and am not doing chemistry (big mistake.) I'm now looking to get into courses that require chemistry as a prerequiste, is there any way i can get into these courses without chemistry?
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Bridging courses for chemistry?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 10:16:58 pm »
+3
In most cases, there's no direct way to get into a course with Chem as a prereq. without having done Chem first unfortunately. 

You usually have three major options:
1. Take a bridging course with Monash College. Usually programs like these will let you take the desired course after successful completion. Best to ask about these directly, although I did find this link which may help.
2. Getting into a similar course that doesn't need Chem as a prereq. and attempt an internal transfer (e.g. if you want to study Biomed --> start in Science --> get competitive enough uni grades and try to successfully transfer into Biomed after a semester or two. If the course that you are hoping to get into has a lot of chemistry involved, I would recommend taking first year uni Chem, typically CHM1011 and/or CHM1022, to help.). 
3. Taking the same course at another institute that doesn't need Chem as a prereq. and later try an external transfer (e.g. if you want Biomed at Monash, try first at Deakin --> get competitive enough grades and try to transfer into Biomed at Monash). When you start uni, ask about credit transfers to avoid any issues later down the line. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:20:52 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread