Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 05:57:53 am

Author Topic: "Current" Issues in historiography?  (Read 4189 times)  Share 

palebluedot

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
"Current" Issues in historiography?
« on: March 17, 2018, 04:36:25 pm »
Hi everyone!

My EXT teacher has told us that we need to be up to date with current issues in historiography and the debates. (ie. blogs, twitter discussions, film adaptations etc)

Does anyone have suggestions of specific issues in historiography today? I cant seem to find anything specific

Thanks!

tamsyc

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: "Current" Issues in historiography?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:18 pm »
+5
Well, the thing with history is that is so big and so old (duh) that "current" (as I'm sure you can see) is kind of hard to define.

With that being said, something that I learnt at one of the ATARnotes lectures was about how white australia constructs history of Indigenous Australians. As you can expect this is pretty contensious and nuanced. I find that The Conversation seems to always have pretty interesting topics and could be a good resource for something like this.

Here's a link to something that might start you out. http://theconversation.com/australias-history-wars-reignite-57065

Sorry if this is too late for you, but I hope it can help someone else...

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: "Current" Issues in historiography?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 06:07:46 pm »
Well, the thing with history is that is so big and so old (duh) that "current" (as I'm sure you can see) is kind of hard to define.

With that being said, something that I learnt at one of the ATARnotes lectures was about how white australia constructs history of Indigenous Australians. As you can expect this is pretty contensious and nuanced. I find that The Conversation seems to always have pretty interesting topics and could be a good resource for something like this.

Here's a link to something that might start you out. http://theconversation.com/australias-history-wars-reignite-57065

Sorry if this is too late for you, but I hope it can help someone else...

Love love love that I'm seeing people from the lecture yesterday getting involved! Love the article you linked by the way :)

FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!