Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:55:17 pm

Author Topic: Creative Writing  (Read 3218 times)

Blazeee

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Creative Writing
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:19:17 pm »
+1
Hello
Well English exam tomorrow and I'm absolutely terrified!!! need to do some serious boxing tomorrow morning to get all the stress out!  ??? ::)
I basically know what we have to write..without being given the actual question....section 2 is creative writing...I often freeze when it comes to writing a narrative..so what's some other texts i could write that would be under the 'creative writing' category?
thanks!

Lollzza

• Forum Regular
  • It`s not a day without an existential crisis or tw
  • Respect: +19
Re: Creative Writing
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:29:46 pm »
Hi, my English teacher has told me that if you don't want to straight narrative there are other options like:
--A journal entry
--A letter
--Poetry
--Newspaper articles or
--A monologue

Of course this list isn't exhaustive but off the top of my head it looks like you have a lot of options. Best of luck and I'm sure you'll smash it!
HSC 2018: Who knows at this point

Blazeee

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 08:14:19 pm »
+1
awesome thanx heaps!
was thinking diary or journal coz it's gotta include a statement about inner journeys so yeah was thinking a reflective piece...
Thanks!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:10:13 pm »
Hey Courtney! If you wanted to consider speeches, Elyse wrote an awesome guide on it you can read! There is also an exemplar you can read to see how it can be done :)

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:06:37 pm »
Hello
Well English exam tomorrow and I'm absolutely terrified!!! need to do some serious boxing tomorrow morning to get all the stress out!  ??? ::)
I basically know what we have to write..without being given the actual question....section 2 is creative writing...I often freeze when it comes to writing a narrative..so what's some other texts i could write that would be under the 'creative writing' category?
thanks!

A narrative or creating writing piece needs to be unique for it to stand out. A cliche is only a cliche if you make it one :) I personally like writing a narrative but like the others suggested there are others.

It's the 5th so you've sat the task already. How did it go?
Heavy Things :(

Blazeee

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:28:21 pm »
+2
It's the 5th so you've sat the task already. How did it go?

Weeelll...section 1 was short answer and i breezed through that...but i felt i did really poorly in Section 2 (creative writing) and Section 3 (essay response). I tried to use complicated advanced english techniques in my practice essays that i didn't fully understand and so i got jumbled and confused...i think i made a mess of the essay....and weelll the creative writing was a bit all over the place i think...i used this website (awesome!!) https://www.themindfulword.org/2017/inner-journey-finding-fearlessness/ as a stimulus and remembered a few great quotes..but yeah marks will tell. People usually say when you walk out feeling bad after an english exam you usually get good marks!   ??? :D It was our first 2-hour exam of year 11 and we were told to basically use this as a starting point to recognise where we need to grow...so the only way i can go from here is up!  ;)

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 12:17:23 am »
+1
Weeelll...section 1 was short answer and i breezed through that...but i felt i did really poorly in Section 2 (creative writing) and Section 3 (essay response). I tried to use complicated advanced english techniques in my practice essays that i didn't fully understand and so i got jumbled and confused...i think i made a mess of the essay....and weelll the creative writing was a bit all over the place i think...i used this website (awesome!!) https://www.themindfulword.org/2017/inner-journey-finding-fearlessness/ as a stimulus and remembered a few great quotes..but yeah marks will tell. People usually say when you walk out feeling bad after an english exam you usually get good marks!   ??? :D It was our first 2-hour exam of year 11 and we were told to basically use this as a starting point to recognise where we need to grow...so the only way i can go from here is up!  ;)

That's the right attitude :) If you have this mindset in year 11 you'll blister through year 12. You're smart, keep it up :)

Heavy Things :(