Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:18 pm

Poll

Where should I study Commerce?

Unimelb
Monash

Voting closes: May 20, 2043, 11:49:12 pm

Author Topic: WHERE TO STUDY COMMERCE?!  (Read 4561 times)  Share 

Jxn

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2016
WHERE TO STUDY COMMERCE?!
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:49:12 pm »
Hey guys, I've read many topics about Commerce at Monash and Melbourne and I'm still left undecided. I want to study Commerce but I am still unsure to where I should study. I still have a whole year of deciding but I want to make sure that I make the right choice. I'm hoping to major in Economics and Finance within the Commerce course. I've been told that employers look at Monash and Melbourne graduates as the same, is this true? or would it depend on the major we choose to study?

I know that distance is a huge factor so I've calculated that it will take me around 30 mins to get to Monash and approximately 1h to get to Melbourne. Is the 30 min difference something I should take into consideration?

Since I've been to Monash and Melbourne, I've noticed the difference in their buildings. The commerce sector in Monash is quite small, where as the Melbourne building is fairly big and new. Does this have a huge impact towards the uni life experience? I'm not too bothered by the Monash's Commerce building however I want to know if the environment or workplace plays a huge part in uni life.

Lastly, regarding Monash's double degrees, would it make an individual look more employable? I've asked my high school teachers this question and I've been made aware that you should only undertake a double degree if you're looking for more options or when you're simply unsure on what you want to do. I am aware of this but do graduates look more attractive when they have 2 degrees rather than one? Or do employers like to see how well you did in the degree rather than the quantity of degrees? However, if I could do a double degree, would it be worth it doing Commerce with Eco/Finance? Or would you just major in Eco and Finance instead?

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:56:16 pm by Jxn »