Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 02:37:46 pm

Author Topic: a typical study day  (Read 8248 times)  Share 

AkirA

a typical study day
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2007, 01:02:14 am »
Quote from: "Ahmad"
Haha that's cool. I've actually been on that page a dozen or so times. On the discussion page even Roger Hui responded, the creator of J programming language. I've corresponded with him before.

Read terences book on problem solving (which he wrote when he was 15, then rewrote a preface at 30). Interesting. :)

Fantastic, we should both represent Australia in the International Mathematics Olympiad! (Do you think we're that good?  :? )

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
a typical study day
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2007, 06:29:54 am »
I'm not. But we wouldn't be able to anyway, we've finished high school haha. Why do you wanna be a meddie? You're wasting your math.  :wink:
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

AkirA

a typical study day
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2007, 03:55:37 pm »
Even if i want to be a meddie, i can still pursuit some maths degree.

brendan

a typical study day
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 11:52:42 pm »
Quote from: "Ahmad"

Read terences book on problem solving (which he wrote when he was 15, then rewrote a preface at 30). Interesting. :)

ooh i'd be interested in this book, whats the title/?

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
a typical study day
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 06:12:57 am »
There was a postscript on his site which had a 50ish page document which is pretty similar to this. I don't know where it's got to..
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.