Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:51:08 am

Author Topic: Co-ordinators  (Read 4405 times)  Share 

rustic_metal

Co-ordinators
« on: November 05, 2007, 03:18:43 pm »
A year 12 co-ordinator at my school (my accounting teacher) recently told a high-achieving student in my class to drop out of school and get a job, because she was writing an email to her friend. is she/should she be allowed to encourage this?  :?

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Co-ordinators
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 04:19:09 pm »
Yeah, she should be allowed. Freedom of speech.

Whether your principal thinks it's acceptable behaviour as a teacher or not, is up to him I guess. If you think it's bad, then organise a petition and demand an apology at least.

brendan

Co-ordinators
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:57:25 pm »
was there any harm done?

rustic_metal

Co-ordinators
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:37:16 pm »
i question that someone who is responsible for thousands of children and who's primary function is to educate them, should be encouraging intelligent students to drop out.

Free speech off the job, yes, but should educators be encouraging drop-out rates?

costargh

Co-ordinators
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:47:07 pm »
I guess it depends on a number of circumstances such as the student teacher relationship ie. if they joke around a lot and the context it was said in and taken in.

But yeh generally I don't think teachers should be saying that. Or co-ordinators 4 that matter

rustic_metal

Co-ordinators
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:55:17 pm »
Quote from: "costargh"
I guess it depends on a number of circumstances such as the student teacher relationship ie. if they joke around a lot and the context it was said in and taken in.

But yeh generally I don't think teachers should be saying that. Or co-ordinators 4 that matter

nah she doesnt joke around, shes a right bitch, but thats not why i made this thread. it just seems wrong that when education is touted as so important, the ones delivering it can completely undermine that philosophy...

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Co-ordinators
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:01:00 pm »
Quote from: "rustic_metal"
Quote from: "costargh"

nah she doesnt joke around, shes a right bitch, but thats not why i made this thread. it just seems wrong that when education is touted as so important, the ones delivering it can completely undermine that philosophy...

Then do what I suggested, get an apology.

Odette

Co-ordinators
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 09:01:55 pm »
Grievance Procedure Ben!! lol

rustic_metal

Co-ordinators
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 09:05:57 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"

ARGH!

Odette

Co-ordinators
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 09:07:01 pm »

ARGH!

(Image removed from quote.)

Hey you could use it as an example if you needed to in the exam :P

rustic_metal

Co-ordinators
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 09:08:19 pm »
Quote from: Odette

ARGH!

*image*

Hey you could use it as an example if you needed to in the exam :P

haha...i think ill stick to operation concern thanks..

Insane_Emm

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Co-ordinators
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 09:09:38 pm »
one of  my teachers told a friend of mine that she was going to fail a class, when all she had done was ask him for an average of her SAC marks, which were all B+'s and one A. my friend was massively upset and cried and all the teacher did was laugh and walk away
mm - Hunting the wild pineapple

'06 - Religion & Society
'07 - Indonesian Second Language, English, Literature, International Studies, Psychology.

Odette

Co-ordinators
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 09:12:21 pm »
Speaking of coordinators, mine was useless... she went on an "educational" tour of europe for like 3-4 months, and she was rarely at school....

squance

Co-ordinators
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 10:03:01 am »
Quote from: "Insane_Emm"
one of  my teachers told a friend of mine that she was going to fail a class, when all she had done was ask him for an average of her SAC marks, which were all B+'s and one A. my friend was massively upset and cried and all the teacher did was laugh and walk away

Evil teacher...Lets kill him!!!! :twisted:

principe

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Co-ordinators
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 01:16:06 pm »
Quote from: "Insane_Emm"

Your teacher sounds like one of those people that had no friends during high school and is taking it out on their students. I'm not a psychologist but hey what kind of teacher would want their student(s) to fail the class? With the exception of teachers that don't care of course.

On-Topic: Was there any other reason why she said those things to the student? There could be other things that made her say that. Such as dislike for the student etc. But yeah she sounds like a complete bitch  :?