Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 08:52:29 pm

Author Topic: So in the end What the bst for Vce Physics....  (Read 1524 times)  Share 

naved_s9994

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +15
So in the end What the bst for Vce Physics....
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:58:32 pm »
Neap or TSFX?

For Physics Unit 3?

Whats the best?
'Keep you friends close, but keep your enemies closer'

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
Re: So in the end What the bst for Vce Physics....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 07:19:35 pm »
I haven't been to NEAP Physics before but I did a little search and Mao said that "...the level is too basic" in this topic.

The only thing about TSFX is that the lectures go for a long time (9:30-5:00 over two days) and my concentration span wouldn't last that long even with regular breaks throughout the day.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

jiranab

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:02:35 pm »
if its price that you want. Try Victoria Uni they're offering free lectures on the 23rd and 24th, its at several campuses of theirs. ne1 been before? is it worth the time and effort to get there??

www.vu.edu.au/freelectures

hurry though as chemistry is nearly full, only 10 places left.

Physics electronics not sure. theres only structures from what i saw.

Access Education is the next cheapest on my list, if u have friends that want to go, u can get them in groups for cheaper. $29 if more than 5 tickets, and i can't remember full price. maybe $35 ?? Didn't pay much attention to it. But!! warning it is starting this following week and they want like 2 days warning, so there may be a chance of not getting any tickets, although they don't have a limit from the looks of it.

errmm.. TSFX speaks for itself, most expensive $95 with no group special and there is no limit on the lecture size so there could be a LOT of ppl. but they're good from what i'v been told, friends go to the weekend sessions and says they're alright.

TSSM. $89 for less than 5 tickets, above is $70 which i thought was very good. although none of my friends want to attend and its on the same time as the victoria uni lectures, so i went with the cheapest option. They have a limit on size of 80 per group, doesn't mean theres none left, from what i saw its that however many they just start a new class to operate at the same time. either that or they stop taking ppl, which wouldn't be good for their business.. theoretically. Good thing is that they have physics sesions for all the extended studies. Physics kids how annoying is it doing a 'extended study' that isn't the same?? GRRR so hard to find good lectures who cover it. sorry thats off topic but then again its alright so that the teacher can choose what to teach us, you know, like specialty or what the students are more interested in and stuff.

anywho. thats all i know about. Neap... well. i have this thing against neap so i didn't even look into it. but well. i promise they're the most expensive over $100 at least. i took one glance and threw it in the bin, no offense but they're only good for the free pens at career expos..

in any case that is my theory. please correct me if i'm wrong and your own opinions.
2008: VCE VET Multimedia

2009: English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematical Methods (CAS)

.... i know... not the smartest idea...

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 11:33:28 pm »
Actually NEAP is the most expensive at $96, followed by TSFX at $95.  I've never quite understood why NEAP charges an extra $1.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 03:15:26 pm »
They have free coffee. :)
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015