Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:32:22 pm

Author Topic: I dont know what history to choose please help me  (Read 3799 times)  Share 

Genshai

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
I dont know what history to choose please help me
« on: November 13, 2018, 06:55:12 pm »
um so basically,
my school only offers 20th century history, and im not sure if i want to do that or ancient history by distant. I think I'd enjoy ancient history a little bit more, but I'm not sure if distance is the best way to do it. I dont know, what do you think/recommend?

2019: Biology [40]
2020: English [35], Methods [27], Art [36], Revs [38], Chem [29]

ATAR: 87.85

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
Re: I dont know what history to choose please help me
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:05:19 pm »
Distance is doable. What are your reservations? I briefly did Literature via Distance, so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. :)

I'd recommend doing what you're most interested in. What history are you thinking of doing in Year 12? Revolutions? Ancient?

toridgr

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: I dont know what history to choose please help me
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:37:52 am »
+1
I did both 20th Century and Global Empires via Distance Ed. Honestly both courses were amazing, although both were very different in the way questions were to be answered I found. If you want to learn about society in depth, I recommend Twentieth Century. However if you want to learn more about the establishment of colonies and exploration and pretty much how the modern world, then Global is better. Distance was great, but I don't know how much different your school would be in teaching 20th, mine was a lot of work but very rewarding. The decision is up to you totally, as the year 12 subjects aren't too similar to the year 11 histories, however different skills are built. Ancient also sounds amazing, but I heard it is the hardest history in VCE :)