Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:05:36 am

Author Topic: Ways to reward yourself for studying  (Read 776 times)  Share 

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
Ways to reward yourself for studying
« on: April 02, 2019, 06:36:14 pm »
Once again, not sure if in the right section, but I was unable to find a thread on the forums specifically on this topic.
It's getting to the end of Term 1, and I just want holidays to start right now. But the vicious and relentless cycle of school and after-school study almost seemingly never ends. As a 2019 graduate, "studying" has become nothing much more than a chore. So I thought, why not reward myself for studying? But I've no idea (and my reward "ideas" aren't particularly productive, like social media/YouTube browsing).

How do you all reward yourself for completing some study, or any productive task for that matter?
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: Ways to reward yourself for studying
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:05:28 pm »
+1
One word: FOOD. ;D

It's simple, easy to aquire and very rewarding. Personally I don't reward myself with food cause I eat so much anyway, there would be no point, but I can definitey see it working!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:08:13 pm by whys »
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: Ways to reward yourself for studying
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:40:04 pm »
+2
Once again, not sure if in the right section, but I was unable to find a thread on the forums specifically on this topic.
It's getting to the end of Term 1, and I just want holidays to start right now. But the vicious and relentless cycle of school and after-school study almost seemingly never ends. As a 2019 graduate, "studying" has become nothing much more than a chore. So I thought, why not reward myself for studying? But I've no idea (and my reward "ideas" aren't particularly productive, like social media/YouTube browsing).

How do you all reward yourself for completing some study, or any productive task for that matter?

Hey John,

Just wanted to chip in and say that downtime doesn't have to be productive - it can be "lazy" too. I'd suggest rewarding yourself with the things you like doing, so if you like watching YouTube videos, then go ahead and do that after your study sessions! :) Even if you feel bad for watching YouTube videos or scrolling through social media after a study sesh, it may help to put you into the work then play mode. This kind of approach can motivate you to actually get the work done. 8)

If you're stuck for ideas as to what you could try: reading, calling / hanging out with a friend or relatives or a pet, exercising, immersing yourself in nature, listening to music / playing an instrument, daydreaming, researching uni courses, food (as mentioned above by whys)… what ever floats your boat!  ;D

You could even try having study sessions before extracurriculars and use them as your reward / break from studying.

Hope this helps!
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash