Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:03:32 pm

Author Topic: Crime essay  (Read 3026 times)  Share 

mjgass

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Crime essay
« on: August 11, 2018, 07:19:27 pm »
I'm not entirely sure how to prepare for the crime essay in trials, the case studies seem relatively straightforward to study for but the crime questions are often so specific! Does anyone have any advice on how to best prepare for this and make sure everything is covered?

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
Re: Crime essay
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 08:36:15 pm »
+3
Heyo!! I had my trial for legal on Wednesday, and the question was on a specific dotpoint that no one was expecting, which is why you should have a holistic understanding of your crime content. I know it's really tempting to just ignore transnational crime or something (let's be real, no one really ever thinks that'll be the question), but you'll be fucked if it is. What I did was write out heaps and heaps of essay plans, and did practice paragraphs that were applicable to a multiplicity of dotpoints. This seriously helps. Having loads of LCMID on each dotpoint will save your soul in the exam, and it's definitely tedious, but worth it for the mental reassurance. Good luck! x
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

mjgass

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 09:09:07 pm »
Heyo!! I had my trial for legal on Wednesday, and the question was on a specific dotpoint that no one was expecting, which is why you should have a holistic understanding of your crime content. I know it's really tempting to just ignore transnational crime or something (let's be real, no one really ever thinks that'll be the question), but you'll be fucked if it is. What I did was write out heaps and heaps of essay plans, and did practice paragraphs that were applicable to a multiplicity of dotpoints. This seriously helps. Having loads of LCMID on each dotpoint will save your soul in the exam, and it's definitely tedious, but worth it for the mental reassurance. Good luck! x

Thank you so much :) I usually use LCM, but what does the ID part stand for? I hope your trial went well btw!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:47:15 am »
+2
Thank you so much :) I usually use LCM, but what does the ID part stand for? I hope your trial went well btw!

For me it stands for Instruments/Declarations. But I personally used LCMTRS, with the TRS standing for Treaties, Reports and Statistics - I think everyone has a different acronym ;)

Lumenoria is right, lots of essay plans will be of huge help, and the more evidence you have prepared, the better! ;D

mjgass

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »
For me it stands for Instruments/Declarations. But I personally used LCMTRS, with the TRS standing for Treaties, Reports and Statistics - I think everyone has a different acronym ;)

Lumenoria is right, lots of essay plans will be of huge help, and the more evidence you have prepared, the better! ;D

Great! Thanks for the advice, I'm sure it will come in handy! :)