Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:28:48 pm

Author Topic: Hey Everybody! Let's talk a lil deep :D  (Read 4196 times)  Share 

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
Re: Hey Everybody! Let's talk a lil deep :D
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »
+4
It ain't that weird...
I'm doin' pretty much the exact same! :D
#NonExistantFuture 8)
Relatable to the whole: CHOOSE YOUR LIFE PATH DURING YEAR 12 comments. Really, it is so normal to have absolutely no idea where you want to be in the future. I'm just an odd case.

So many people change paths throughout uni (e.g. realise what they are studying is not what they really want to do). Just enjoy Year 12 while you still can. Things get very different after. :)

(I was going to say I miss the school environment.. but I can't really use that anymore. *sigh*)
Yeah definitely not too unusual - and certainly not a bad thing. :) I actually think that's a pretty smart thing to do!
Thanks for all the replies and for showing me that it's normal for me to not know what I want to do.  :)

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 06:34:18 pm »
+6
In 5-10 years I'll be 24-29.

I don't really know what I want in 10 years. As clichéd as it sounds, I just want to believe I'll be happy and miiiiles past my depression by then.
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 06:35:28 pm »
+4
Quote from: Calebark
I don't really know what I want in 10 years. As clichéd as it sounds, I just want to believe I'll be happy and miiiiles past my depression by then.
Sounds good to me. :)
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 12:18:19 am »
Is it weird that I have no real goal for now? I'm just aiming for a high atar so when I do decide, I can hopefully get into any university course I want and hopefully get a scholarship.
basically me last year (year 12) and also basically the same right now  :D ;)

peterpiper

• Forum Obsessive
  • ppp
  • Respect: +257
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 12:39:01 am »
+4
In 5-10 years I'll be 24-29.

I hope so too. Let's have faith :)

As for what I'll be doing in 5-10 years time, I don't really care what I do, I just want to feel like someone needs me. Otherwise, I won't feel the need to continue on. So far it's been my friends who have helped me a lot. But I just know that life will take us in different directions, and that I'll probably lose them, so I'm hoping I'll find lifelong friends or that my relationships sustain as they are by the time I'm around 23-28.
2017: VCE COMPLETED

CalvinHill

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:24 am »
+2
Lately my desires are changing very fast. If only a year ago, I was sure that I want to live in one country, now I'm already thinking how to move to another. In any case, after five years I see myself as a successful person.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 09:41:34 am »
+3
Lately my desires are changing very fast. If only a year ago, I was sure that I want to live in one country, now I'm already thinking how to move to another. In any case, after five years I see myself as a successful person.

But how are you defining "successful person"?
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 09:57:39 am »
+1
But how are you defining "successful person"?

Deep question.

I see it as being one that is spiritually enlightened and truly happy. Many of us today pursue goals without actually examining why we truly desire them. Earlier this week I realised that I  was pursuing being excellent at tennis for the validation and compliments I would receive. Of course I enjoyed it but I identified that as a key driving force it shows the inherent failure in my definition of happiness as it is grounded on appearance rather than substance. For others happiness is constituted by an inflation of their ego, they seek to be praised for doing something but don't realise that all they are seeking is validation to feel secure. Once one transcend these boundaries and false ideologies, they are able to understand what happiness is. Once one is happy, success will be a result of happiness, at least I believe that.

Bit of a tangent :( Just wanted to express my standpoint~

Heavy Things :(

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 11:11:54 am »
+4
Yeah, success is often equated with income, prestige, social status - other people's opinions of you, in short. I don't want to buy into that definition.  I don't feel that success = happiness either; happiness is an emotion that fluctuates, and a successful person will have some happy moments and some unhappy ones, right? And that's fine.

To try and define what success means to me:

- consistently doing what I'm afraid to do
- having a loving, trusting and strong support network
- living in line with my values
- having a positive impact on those around me

Anyway, why should success be a future concept, a destination? If we're living in line with our values and connecting with others and facing our fears right now, aren't we being "successful" right now?
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care