Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 09:56:51 am

Author Topic: VCE Software Development Questions and Discussion  (Read 7806 times)  Share 

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
VCE Software Development Questions and Discussion
« on: April 01, 2016, 05:38:48 pm »
+9
VCE Computing: Software Development
Questions and Discussion Thread

Welcome to VCE Computing: Software Development. Use this thread to discuss the subject or ask questions/respond to them.

In the past, VCE IT in general has been extremely quiet on AN, so I don't expect a lot of replies on here. If you happen to view this and are completing this subject, feel free to introduce yourself or simply discuss your initial thoughts of the subject so far.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:56:44 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Bennie_Boy

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE Software Development Questions and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:24:59 pm »
+1
Does anyone know of any major (or minor) theory changes from the previous Study Design to the current one? Looking to start doing practice exams but not sure if there are any topics that should be skipped in 2015 and earlier. Maybe we could compile a list?

All I can see so far is references to the OSI model in previous years, which seems to be missing from the 2016 SD.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:56:52 pm by Aaron »

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 04:57:19 pm »
+1
Updated thread to reflect a general Q&A thread, rather than a specific 2016 cohort. Post away if you're doing Softdev!
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Sigma

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 05:47:52 pm »
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know the answer to this question - "When an attack occurs on an organisation, what information can be gained and how?"

Thanks in advance. Sigma.

Berg_Herg

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 02:57:21 pm »
Uhh yeah the textbook won't stay open. me and my buddy both broke the binder in rage.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:02:00 pm by Berg_Herg »

Zappi

• Forum Regular
  • Official ATARNotes Passerer of Food
  • Respect: +61
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 07:51:26 am »
Uhh yeah the textbook won't stay open. me and my buddy both broke the binder in rage.

The Adrian Janson one that literally has an odour when you smell the pages? It's so hard to keep open haha
Apparently 2020 SofDev kids get a bunch of new textbooks (one from Nelson iirc). Gonna be so much easier for them with the new study design
2018: English Language | General Maths | Business Management | Japanese SL | Computing
2019: English Language [29] | Further Maths [39] | Business Management [36] | Japanese SL [37] | Software Dev [42] | ATAR: 90.10

JLPT N3 Certified, aiming for N2 in December 2018. Hit me up with any Japanese-related questions!

My website: https://zappi.xyz/

Zappi

• Forum Regular
  • Official ATARNotes Passerer of Food
  • Respect: +61
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 08:10:57 am »
+1
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know the answer to this question - "When an attack occurs on an organisation, what information can be gained and how?"

Thanks in advance. Sigma.

From the top of my head, if the attack was an actual intrusion (as in hackers gained access to information, not just shutting their systems down with a DDoS or physical attack on the power supplies or whatever) personal information like client data and sensitive corporate information could be gathered. A solution to prevent this deliberate threat could be to encrypt any sensitive information, implement a hardware / software firewall to help prevent the intrusion in the first place, use anti-spyware software to prevent keylogging of encryption / authentication passwords, implementing a honeypot to detect intrusions, using physical security techniques such as padlocks and guards, etc.

If the attack's something like a DDoS or destruction of storage media that has the information nothing would be gathered.

Hope this helps ;D
2018: English Language | General Maths | Business Management | Japanese SL | Computing
2019: English Language [29] | Further Maths [39] | Business Management [36] | Japanese SL [37] | Software Dev [42] | ATAR: 90.10

JLPT N3 Certified, aiming for N2 in December 2018. Hit me up with any Japanese-related questions!

My website: https://zappi.xyz/

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 01:06:31 pm »
+1
The Adrian Janson one that literally has an odour when you smell the pages? It's so hard to keep open haha
Apparently 2020 SofDev kids get a bunch of new textbooks (one from Nelson iirc). Gonna be so much easier for them with the new study design

oh my goodness, it really does! the info is great but the book wont stay open and when you do get it open it smells. lol.
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb