Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:56:31 pm

Author Topic: Society and Culture Question Thread  (Read 48904 times)  Share 

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Society and Culture Question Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2019, 08:56:24 pm »
Hey there,

I didn't do Conformity and Non-conformity but you may be able to find notes on them in the Notes section.

Hope this helps!

hey there! i'be looked in the section and cant find anything on bra boys, any suggestions of people on here who did them and may have notes? sorry to be a bruden,its just that my exam is next monday :( sorry again x

angelina.osis

• Adventurer
  • ange
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2019, 02:52:36 pm »
what are the similarities and differences of belief systems, i understand the similarties not the difference :-\

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2019, 12:34:28 am »
+4
what are the similarities and differences of belief systems, i understand the similarties not the difference :-\
Hey there,

The main difference between belief systems and ideologies is that ideologies are more associated with a social movement that is often used to benefit a particular group. So for example with Marxism, the whole point of that is to benefit the proletariat. Another difference is that ideologies tend to focus more on social, political and economic ideas (which links back to the Marxism example). On the other hand, belief systems tend to be older and more religious.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2019, 11:33:56 pm »
+4

Hey, angelina.osis!

Adding to Olivia's amazing response above  :) I drew up this Venn diagram which I found was a helpful way to illustrate the similarities and differences. Hope this might help clarify too!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

angelina.osis

• Adventurer
  • ange
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2019, 12:20:58 pm »
Thank you that helps alot  :)

Alyssa_Biffin

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2020, 04:24:30 pm »
Hey, guys was wondering if someone could possibly help me the question I have for Society and Culture. I am in year 12 and it's about one of my methodologies.

If you can't conduct an interview in person is it alright to do it over face time e.g ( skype). As some of the interview, I want to conduct I can't do in person due to the social isolation because of the coronavirus.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2020, 02:28:29 pm »
+5
Hey, guys was wondering if someone could possibly help me the question I have for Society and Culture. I am in year 12 and it's about one of my methodologies.

If you can't conduct an interview in person is it alright to do it over face time e.g ( skype). As some of the interview, I want to conduct I can't do in person due to the social isolation because of the coronavirus.

Hi! Apologies for the late reply!! Yes you may do an interview online- as long as you are able to get a transcript for the interview or record the interview, it should be fine. I highly doubt you'll get marked down because you conducted an interview over face (they'll understand anyways esp with what's happening right now!)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Miameh

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2020, 01:03:15 pm »
hi if anyone has a spare 2-3 min pls do my PIP questionnaire thank you!!!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4XndmQsB33pBeZw9KOtKcrt0L_iqwDLvbrqZdzb9o7mQbew/viewform?usp=sf_link

tparkerreynolds20

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2020, 06:18:58 pm »
Please can someone help me with some contemporary examples of impact of technologies, including communication technologies, on the environment!

rose3

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2021, 02:57:50 pm »
Im planning to do my PIP topic on something along the lines of "colorism in south asia" but im struggling to find a cross cultural component component.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2021, 01:31:04 pm »
+1
Im planning to do my PIP topic on something along the lines of "colorism in south asia" but im struggling to find a cross cultural component component.

Hey rose3!

Welcome to the forums  ;D The cross-cultural component for the PIP simply means that you are examining your topic across at least two different cultural groups. This could be different age groups/generations, races, religions, genders etc. For my PIP, I compared the treatment of interracial couples in Australia and the United States of America which are two different societies.

As for what cross-cultural component you should do, are you planning on exploring colorism with South Asia, within South Asian communities in Australia or towards South Asian communities from wider Australia? If you could clarify what your topic is going to investigate and how you plan on achieving that, I might be able to advise on possible cross-cultural components better. Otherwise, let me know if my explanation was helpful!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

sylvia547

• Fresh Poster
  • Always try your best!
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2021, 12:55:28 pm »
Hey guys, I have designed a survey for my Personal Interest Project and I would really appreciate it if you could spend a few minutes of your time to part take in it. The topic I have chosen is Societal pressures and expectations that impact young women in social media.

https://forms.gle/yc9RSoWr4WJ2TZnVA

Every contribution counts! Thank you so much.
Modify message

hana.kim743

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2021, 08:02:30 pm »
Hello there!
I am just about to start writing my PIP but I wanted to ask a few questions that I am struggling with right now in terms of the structure and ideas in my PIP.

So, my topic statement is: "A study on why people lie specifically examining Generation X and Z in Australia."

I've chosen Generation Z and X to be the cross-cultural component and I wanted to talk about why individuals choose to engage in dishonest behaviour and how that potentially may be affected by people of two different generations as a result of the different moral/ethical values prevalent during each generation, the responsibilities that contrast younger generations with older generations as with their age differences.
Also, please feel free to include any other ideas, it'll help a lot!

I mostly am stuck on how to separate my chapters, but this is what I've come up with for now:

Chapter 1 - Factors that influence individuals to lie
Chapter 2 - Deception, and its effect on individuals of different generations (Generation Z and X in Australia)
Chapter 3 - Implications of conformity and non-conformity within micro, meso and macro levels of society

If anyone could please help me out, I would really appreciate it.  ;D

sam.granic

• Adventurer
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2021, 06:12:32 pm »
Hi there, I'm doing my HSC this year.  :o
I need some help with my PIP questionnaire. It's on Feminism.

Here's the google survey.....if anyones feeling super bored or wants to c how the structure their own questionnaire please fill it out.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3KakXzdGPW8oXeTXC5USG9QXwc4xk9GyFgIeCKCjLgfvVDA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank uuuuuu  ;)

carebears

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2021, 03:11:49 pm »
Hey there!

I do the HSC compacted so I sat my Society and Culture exam last year and got an 86! My PIP is what I believed brought it down from a 90 so I would say the exam is my strong point  ;D

I did social inclusion and exclusion (African Americans) so I am more than happy to answer questions if any arise! :)
Also did belief systems and ideologies (Islam) so can assist there too if I am around ;D

Hey I was wondering what material you used to do the Islam aspect? I am aiming to do how Islam is portrayed in the media. If you have any additional tips that would be great! :D