Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 03:40:22 am

Author Topic: exams are over  (Read 1376 times)

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
exams are over
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:24:48 pm »
Hey AN

I recently finished my exams and I am super bored. I have nothing to do and I am planning to go to Uni next year. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get some productive work done (perhaps some prep before uni)?

Kindly appreciated

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: exams are over
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:43:12 pm »
+4
Hey! This link might help give some ideas to tide the long break ^_^ https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=181994.0
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 09:35:11 am »
+4
Hey AN

I recently finished my exams and I am super bored. I have nothing to do and I am planning to go to Uni next year. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get some productive work done (perhaps some prep before uni)?

Kindly appreciated
Can you prelearn content for what you think you'll struggle with most? Pick up some hobbies you might've forgotten about? Try and get a(nother) job? Increase your skills in some area, such as an instrument, art, or something? If all else fails, read books that may be relevant to your career (or not relevant at all)?
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 10:26:18 am »
+5
Congrats on finishing your exams!

J41 recently posted this which might be helpful. (I know it’s for QCE, but same principles apply for VCE graduates.)

Coolmate has also created a thread on post-exam activities, which might also give you some ideas.

I’m also about to re-post and update an old questionnaire I had about post-exam activities from a few years ago. I’ll add a link here when that’s been posted.

Edit (30/11/2020): Posted the updated questionnaire here last night.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, go and apply for a Tax File Number. You’ll need it if you’re an Australian (and maybe NZ) citizen or PR wanting to go study higher education e.g. uni (for higher education loans) or work, and the application usually takes a while this time of year, so getting in early will mean you have it just in time for uni offers or Christmas casual work. You can also apply for Centrelink if eligible.

In non-boring paperwork, you could easily get some much-needed R & R, clean your room, enjoy your newfound freedom, catch up on your favourite hobbies and much much more! :)

Edit: Just realised you said productive things to do. Same applies, really. Rest is important especially after all that stress, but the paperwork and “adulting” (e.g. getting a job, getting your driver’s license, getting your exercise back up and running, organising your life now) will prove useful and productive in this time too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 05:10:48 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 12:27:02 pm »
+5
Thank you so much everyone!

I'm definitely going to stick around on AN and help the upcoming cohorts because this site helped me immensely throughout my VCE.

I'm going to get the following done this week:

- Do some driving lessons and hopefully get my P's in a month or two!
- Help a friend's tutoring business
- Begin a python course
-  Apply for a TFN

As weird as this may sound, I miss doing math haha! So I'm definitely going to be active on the question threads for mathematics mainly

Thanks everyone