Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 21, 2024, 01:27:38 am

Author Topic: I got a bad rank for one subject. Will this ruin my chance of getting a 90+ atar  (Read 4059 times)  Share 

becbdha

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I am worried that my rank for mathematics 2U 60/128 will ruin my chances of getting a 90+ atar.
My ranks for my other subjects are good:
1/102 in biology
2/54 in chemistry
2/20 in visual art
6/99 advanced english
 I find maths difficult and did poorly in my trial exam. However i think i can improve my maths  for my external hsc exam. Im worried that since my math rank is so bad that there is no hope for me to get at least a high band 5 or band 6 for maths. Is it possible to overcome my bad maths rank such that it wont drag my atar down to the point where a 90+ atar will not be achievable?

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
I am worried that my rank for mathematics 2U 60/128 will ruin my chances of getting a 90+ atar.
My ranks for my other subjects are good:
1/102 in biology
2/54 in chemistry
2/20 in visual art
6/99 advanced english
 I find maths difficult and did poorly in my trial exam. However i think i can improve my maths  for my external hsc exam. Im worried that since my math rank is so bad that there is no hope for me to get at least a high band 5 or band 6 for maths. Is it possible to overcome my bad maths rank such that it wont drag my atar down to the point where a 90+ atar will not be achievable?

A 90+ seems quite achievable for you if you get at least high 80s overall for the rest of your subjects, even if your math is in the low 80s. However if you could provide a rough idea of your school rank or how many band 6's they achieve each year for those subjects, then we would be able to give you a much more accurate picture.