Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:41:08 am

Author Topic: New Year Resolutions 2018  (Read 11934 times)  Share 

Sconey

• Trendsetter
  • 'Any fool can know. The point is to understand.'
  • Respect: +52
Re: New Year Resolutions 2018
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 10:59:42 pm »
+5
- Do well in my 2 VCE subjects I'm doing the 1/2's of.
- Get and keep a job.
- Gaining self-control, ie NOT PROCRASTINATING
- Getting my L-Plates
- Extending my learning outside of school of topics I'm interested in.
- Solve a Rubik's cube in under 30 seconds (currently at a little over 2 minutes with the algorithms in front of me...)
- Get a Work Experience spot at Melbourne University (hopefully doing Physics or Maths)
- Learning to code (Python and maybe others)

It will be a big year.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:08:16 pm by Sconey »

Sconey

• Trendsetter
  • 'Any fool can know. The point is to understand.'
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 11:02:14 pm »
+5
My resolution for this year was to learn to code. I did start it, but didn't get too far into it, so for 2018, my resolution is again to learn to code (Python, Javascript, maybe some HTML and CSS).

I've done this exact same thing a few times this year, I've got super hyped and interested in coding and then I got bored of it after a couple of hours. Hopefully we can both can push through :)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 11:23:28 pm »
+4
Thanks so much for this! I used to play badminton around April to July this year with my friends but stopped because of HSC Trials :(. I would play badminton with them again but I'm no longer friends with them (yay for post HSC life!). I'll definitely try to convince my other friends to come exercise with me but they are lazy ahaha. I'll try and use the Zumba wii game at home for starters. Is it worth getting a gym membership? I prefer exercising on my own (if it's dancing or swimming) Though if I go to the gym, I need to find a gym buddy ASAP because at least I'll have someone to suffer with ;) How do you set realistic goals when exercising?
Gym membership - depends on the prices, and whether you're going to consistently go throughout the year. If you really want to start going, I'd recommend testing out a few (I think most offer free trials, and if that fails, hopefully you'd be able to pay for a casual visit) to see if you like the vibes, facilities, etc.

RE: setting realistic goals - I think it comes from learning your own limits and knowing your own body. Plus, I've learnt a fair bit of stuff about exercise and such at uni - just the nature of my degree haha ;) You might be interested in figuring out a SMART goal (have a google if you're not familiar) or something.
But yeah, like, it's just gotta be achievable - for example: I hate long distance running with a passion, so if I want to improve my aerobic fitness/endurance, I'm more likely to enjoy and consistently do something like swimming than I am going for a 5km run. Plus, it's gotta be something you can work towards even if you're having a shit day. Do something you enjoy, and then it won't feel like hard work.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 11:32:02 pm »
+11
Ahh, so these are my resolutions from 2017:
-Absolutely destroy the rest of my VCE
-Fix depression (seeing doctor, ayy, took the first step)
-Start martial arts again
-Pat more dogs
I did not destroy the rest of my VCE, as I didn't put in heaps of effort (which I am actually okay with). I did not fix my depression, unfortunately. I've been doing some martial arts this year again, which is pretty good, although I wasn't able to start BJJ as things got in the way. I did also pat more dogs. 2/4 ain't so bad.

2018 goals:
-Figure out what I want to do in life
-Be happy (or at least content)
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

snowisawesome

• Forum Leader
  • lebron james the goat
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 06:44:10 pm »
Cut down on junk food

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 07:14:26 pm »
+10
2018 goals:
-Figure out what I want to do in life
-Be happy (or at least content)
That’s me done fam
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:25 pm »
+9
Just simple things for me:
- Stress less/be more calm
- Read more books
- Be positive more often
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

abbeyrose

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 09:04:31 pm »
+7
    I may be slightly ambitious, however, I'm taking a gap year to try and earn money to fund my future uni expenses so hopefully I get some time to achieve these.

• Get my Ps in Jan/early Feb (only 20 or so hours to go ;D)
    • Read more books
    • Drink more water and eat less animal products
    • Finish learning how to play Beethoven's Für Elise on the piano
    • Practise gratitude more
2016-2017 (VCE): English, Legal Studies, Further Maths, HHD, Psychology, History: Global Empires
2019-: Monash University

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 07:28:12 pm »
+7
I've got a long way further in 2017 than I expected at new year's, thank you friends and yoga!

2018:
- Pick up aged care job again, and build up to ~30 hours of work and volunteering a week
- Continue daily yoga, even if sessions are short
- No cutting
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2017, 11:27:55 pm »
+7
- have a healthier diet
- do more physical activity
- become a nicer person
- hopefully save up lots of money
- get my Ps?? (unlikely tho since I'm not home)
- become more involved in things and activities
- get some hobbies
- have a more focused career path?
- smash uni
- make friends? (lol idek how)
- be less lazy in general

#ambitiousmuch but we'll see :)
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2017, 01:28:16 am »
+5
I'm going to make it hard for myself and say that I hope to lock target on poor lonesome passerby make at least one friend who seems to have no other friend at uni next year and stick onto them like super glue and ishiguro never let them go hahahahahahhahahah *maliciously slides away in supine position*

I have friends at uni but him me up if you choose to come to Melbourne (I would like to meet people from AN in unimelb)? :)

Yep, I'm not a new year resolutions type of person.

I feel like I'm on the right path for most things. I feel like a nicer and modest person. I'm very involved in a few extra-curriculars (obviously I have ambitions in them) that I really enjoy and have a few leadership positions lined-up for next year. I recently got a job with a study skills presenting company that almost everyone in my old school hated. I have really good friends and housemates. I feel better about the university administration, had one of those meetings yesterday and the committee backed my request for a late withdrawal without academic or financial penalty for this semester given everything that has happened so hopefully I can get things back on track. I have three though:

-Exercise more (not sure if it will happen though, I alway walk a fair a bit and play tennis casually but don't have the time for a formal regime/sport like rowing, soccer or even dance)
-Make a friend in a lecture or tutorial. Even though I have friends in uni from debating, schools coaching, improv comedy/theatre, I would like to make the effort to make a friend for lectures/tutorials, given that it's quite a challenging thing to do.
-Tell myself that I'm enough, and that I can feel that way whilst striving to be a better person or more competent at what I do. I've always (and still do) associate contentment attitude with stagnation or arrogance. To go even further, I hope that I can convince myself that even if I didn't debate at majors, didn't go to Unimelb, didn't get leadership positions or internships and don't do improv, I would still be enough.
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb

peterpiper

• Forum Obsessive
  • ppp
  • Respect: +257
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 06:29:38 pm »
I have friends at uni but him me up if you choose to come to Melbourne (I would like to meet people from AN in unimelb)? :)

Yes definitely haha :P
2017: VCE COMPLETED

courtney2502

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 07:50:09 pm »
- Do my best in Year 12, regardless what ATAR that gets me
- Hopefully get my drivers license in Feb
- Learn the piano
- Be less reliant on my phone
- Be healthier, both physically and mentally!
2017: History Revolutions [35]
2018: English [41] Further Maths [38] Psychology [41] Legal Studies [38] Viscom [37]
ATAR: 90.55
2019: Primary Education @ ACU

chooby

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 08:17:32 pm »
+8
- Don't stay up late (past midnight) in order to do more work
- Actually commit to going to events instead of staying back due to the "homework load"
- Keep up with all the co-cirricular stuff in my life like volunteering and music
- Freaking get my L's already it's been over a year since I could've. Hopefully I can get this done before end of year!!
- Keep maintaining my realtionship with God :) (I'll definitely be needing it in 2018)
"It's not the building that matters; it's what happens in it that does" ~ Mark Conner

2017 | Biology [38]
2018 | English [] Methods [] Chemistry [] Physics [] MUEP Chemistry []

scout

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2017, 04:55:26 pm »
+2
In 2018 I hope to unearth a more defined career pathway  :D

I second this!
ATAR: 99.70