Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 07:14:46 am

Author Topic: A productive holiday  (Read 1626 times)  Share 

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
A productive holiday
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:23:22 pm »
+9
Hello AN,
As a person who has recently finished year 12, I am overwhelmed by this absolute freedom I have for a few months before university.
Of course, my first and foremost concern is to finally take a bloody break. It's been an extremely long and exhausting year.

However, I also want to do something these holidays. Not something related to study, but something that is constructive.
So i'd like to ask those of you who have graduated in earlier years, what are some things you would recommend an individual to do with so much free time.
And for those of you who finished with me, how do you plan to spend the next few months?

Just to start, here are a few things i've currently got on my 'to-do list'
- Hit the gym
- Develop my cooking skills
- Get back into reading
- Write a few AN guides
-  Travel
- Get involved in some community service
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: A productive holiday
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 09:03:40 pm »
+4
So i'd like to ask those of you who have graduated in earlier years, what are some things you would recommend an individual to do with so much free time.
I have an old questionnaire as to what you should do next. Miniturtle also posted a thread recently about what you could do for AN next, which should keep you somewhat occupied.

If you haven't already, it's probably high time to get a tax file number (TFN) too. You'll need this: (1) if you're intending on getting a HECS loan (so putting your uni fees on the back burner temporarily) and want to study uni on a CSP next year or (2) you want to get a job any time soon (whether that be part-time, full-time or casual).

Enjoy your well-earnt break and congrats on completing VCE, Lear.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread