Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:50:07 am

Author Topic: How would I write an essay for this question? Mod A  (Read 907 times)

david.ko3

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
How would I write an essay for this question? Mod A
« on: February 25, 2019, 07:17:16 pm »
Hi!
I have a question for Module A that I have found to write a practice question about but I have no clue how to tackle it.

“In order to bring Shakespeare into the public arena, Pacino takes his camera and microphone into the streets of New York City and asks random passers, “What do you think of Shakespeare?”

From your comparative study of the documentary and the play what do you now think of Shakespeare?  In your response, you must refer to what you consider to be ONE of the most significant ideas that Shakespeare conveys and Pacino explores.

How would I even start an essay plan for these types of questions? Thanks for stopping by and any help is very appreciated :)

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
Re: How would I write an essay for this question? Mod A
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 11:57:44 pm »
+7
Hi!
I have a question for Module A that I have found to write a practice question about but I have no clue how to tackle it.

“In order to bring Shakespeare into the public arena, Pacino takes his camera and microphone into the streets of New York City and asks random passers, “What do you think of Shakespeare?”

From your comparative study of the documentary and the play what do you now think of Shakespeare?  In your response, you must refer to what you consider to be ONE of the most significant ideas that Shakespeare conveys and Pacino explores.

How would I even start an essay plan for these types of questions? Thanks for stopping by and any help is very appreciated :)

Hey, David!

Sorry for the late reply - but this question is a typical mod A question that they have made very wordy and full of phrases to confuse us when reading it.

Essentially, the question is asking for your opinion on Shakespeare - this would be the focus point of your thesis (e.g. I think Shakespeare is able to convey universal themes to an audience within both his context and outside of it as he was able to inspire several appropriations within a contemporary audience) then you would prove your thesis with the use of one theme that you think is the most important within both texts when proving your thesis - you would then go on to write three body paragraphs further proving your thesis and why you think that theme is the most significant.

Hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}